Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » General Discussion   » NEW TO THE SITE...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

NEW TO THE SITE? PLEASE READ.
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

If you've just joined up on this, the Official website of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds, welcome!

We hope you'll enjoy, and participate in, the lively discussion in our various sections.

Here's a quick guide to what you can expect to find in each of the sections...

General Discussion-  This section is for discussing the album itself.

The Archives Room-  Here you will find past articles from the press and other sources relating to the album.

The War of The Worlds Team-  Here you can find out more about the people who look after this site.

2005 Re-promotion- This section is for discussion and comments relating to the SACD re-release and 'Collector's Edition' of the album. 

CGI Animated Feature Film-  Here you can talk about Jeff Wayne's feature film of The War of The Worlds due in 2008.

Concerts and Live Events-  Get the latest news and comment on the Live Tour and other events in which Jeff Wayne appears.

Fan Creations-  Share your artwork related to The War of The Worlds in this forum.

Games-  There have been several video games based upon Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds. Talk about them in this section.

Memories-  Whether you are new to the album or remember first hearing it on vinyl, tell us about when you first heard it!

Merchandise and Collectables-  Discuss the items that have been produced for collectors.

The Questions and Answers Room-  Want to know more about The War of The Worlds? Post your questions for the team here!

HG Wells and The War of The Worlds-  This section is devoted to the man who write the original novel, Herbert George Wells.

Other The War of The Worlds Incarnations-  Want to talk about other movies and other things based on The War of The Worlds? This is the place.

Off Topic-  This section is for members to discuss anything else not related to The War of The Worlds.

We hope you have fun whilst you are here. Please tell us what you think and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

The War of The Worlds Team.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/06/2009 00:37

Group: Forum Members
Active: 16/11/2012

My names Tony White Im 37 next week and my beautiful wife has just bought me tickets for the show, I can't wait. Ive been a fan since my uncle bought me the LP many years ago as a present. And now my wife buys me tickets for the show years later as a present too.

This helped me out a couple of years ago. I ended up with a short prison sentence for possessing a prohibited weapon having argued and fought with a gang of local drug dealers  This CD helped me immensely throughout serving my punishment.  Needless to say it won't be repeated but I listened to this almost every single day and throughout my nights it played while I fell asleep and slept .

I dont smoke and have never taken drugs so it was a bit of a joke and a novelty to have my wife smuggle this cd into prison for me on a visit..SERIOUSLY!

I didnt really mix with many of the inmates and was very choosy of who I befriended, Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds was my fix and also ended up being passed around whilst I was in there. It was a unique experience to hear it blaring out in such a place. And recieved many welcome comments from many of the Prison Officers(incidentally my brother is a PO, lol) who would wink or smile on hearing it.

I can't wait to see the show and thank Jeff for his help rightly or wrongly in this dark period as well as throughout my childhood.

I'm hoping to pass it on now to my gorgeous daughters Saskia(6), Sasha(5) and Jack(3)

One day soon I'd love to take them to see the show too, having watched the video they sat a while transfixed but became restless after a while. When theyre older in a couple of years I hope this will still be touring.

I'm from a family of fine detail sculptors and will be paying homage shortly by doing a bronze of some sort for myself to take pride amongst my collection of work. 

Enough now and can't wait to see this next week.   

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/06/2009 01:30

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 19/11/2017
That's a wonderful story, Tony.
Enjoy the show!

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/06/2009 12:28

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

Hello Tony and and a warm welcome to the Forum.

Here you will find many hands of friendship - I feel here you will find many people from all walks of life who have found happiness here.

This Forum is perhaps one of the most unique ones you will find, well monitored and the feeling of contact with those people who are part of the TWOTW team, very much alive.

I particularly am impressed with how those of us here who have 'challenging' times in our lives, feel happy to share those experiences, from which many of the Forum members, reach out their hands of friendship with empathy and support.

Stay on here with us, you will see that.

I too am immensely grateful to Jeff and his crew for spreading a bit of happiness in these challenging times.

Enjoy the tour Tony, have fun and I am sure one day your dreams will come true when you can take your lovely children to see what makes this experience so special for so many people.

All best , Loxley xx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/06/2009 19:02

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
Didn't even know anyone could post in this section.

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/06/2009 11:06

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

Actually I did wonder too.

If moderator wants me to move the post- it is also posted on its own thread and I can put it in with the authors thread as a reply to Tony White. Mr B our Moderator can advise me.

All best,

Loxley x

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 6 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved