Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Games   » The War Of The ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

The War Of The Worlds For Spectrum Help!!!
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 11/10/2016

Hi, I have just found a website where you can play the wotw game for spectrum and it is really hard, the first part is easy wher you have to choose to either Run away, hide in the bushs or stand still (you have to hide in the bushs) but when it comes to wher you are walking through the streets trying to find carry's house, I just can't do it. Do you guys have any help for me, Thanks

P.S if you want the webstie wher I found the game this is it:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekplay.cgi?title=War+of+the+Worlds%2c+The&pub=CRL+Group+PLC&year=1984&id=0005631&game=/games/w/WarOfTheWorldsThe.tzx.zip&emu=3&aspect=3

Agent ULLA

"The problem is of course, the Humans..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/08/2008 20:55

Active: 22/10/2008
An TWOTW on Specy! OMG!!! Those Cheeky Devs! Its not in the Wiki! From what you posted it sounds like an RPG.

ArtilleryMan: Damn London Cabbies! Were is it! I need to get to London to report back to HQ!

London CabbieMan: Hey! You the gunvor i gotta drive?

ArtilleryMan: AH! About bloodytime mate!

London CabbieMan: Were to?

ArtilleryMan: London! And step on it

London CabbieMan: I can't step on London the Martian Tripods already did that for you!!!

Donate today! Save an Martian!! Save an Tripod!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/08/2009 19:21

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 11/10/2016

OK people, TELL ME HOW TO GET TO CARRIE'S HOUSE, ANYONE WHO KNOWS, PLEASE TELL ME NOW!!!

Thanks.

Agent ULLA

"The problem is of course, the Humans..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/08/2009 00:29

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
I've no idea. All I know is my copy just wouldn't work properly! It would get to a certain point, then you'd decide what to do, then it would loop back to the start. But OOOOHHHH how I'd wish I'd get kept that carrier bag with the WOTW logo that it came in from WHSmiths! I still remember the design of the case after 25 years. It was when those clam shell/bevel edged ones were popular, not just a normal cassette case.

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 05/10/2009 14:25

Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 29/12/2009
I Chose run away... i didnt die for 0 seconds
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/04/2012 03:00

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 17/04/2012
Thread necromancy!

Well, the thing with the Spectrum game is that you have to map your route along the way, and you're going to need supplies in order to make the whole journey. Those long-assed street levels are not there for show. You have to map which houses contain food and which ones don't. You have to map which roads lead to the path of a Martian fighting machine (which is a 95% death probability), which roads lead into more roads, that ultimately lead to the exodus.

Not bad for a 48k piece of shit but by golly is it HARD! I never completed it but I think I made it as far as the Red Weed stage, or maybe further. Took weeks until I got the hump with it. If I wasn't such a fan of the novel/musical I would probably have taken the damned thing back. What makes it so frustrating in particular is the inclusion of text scenes between the levels, like it does at the start. Essentially what this means is that while you can make it to Carrie's house, the exodus, the Red Weed or wherever, there's a strong possibility that the next text question will get you killed too. I don't think there was any save function, so yeah, back to Horsell f**king Common you go, lol.

At World of Spectrum there used to be a function that allowed you to watch visual walkthroughs by downloading some strange program, and there was one for this game, but I don't think they have them now. I may be mistaken though. I joined the forum and was going to ask a guy there (who has seemingly completed every game on the Speccy) to see if he could provide a walkthrough or do a YouTube video. Unfortunately, I never got around to it.

If there's enough interest, I might be arm-twisted into doing a basic walkthrough that will at least get you off the never-ending maze of streets that made you scream louder than "ULLA" at your TV.

"Tell me what kind of weapon is love when it comes to the fight?"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 6 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved