Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Merchandise and Collectibles   » Sculptoria Stud...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Sculptoria Studio's Album Holder Model
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 05/01/2018
I'd prefer a pre-made model, as my model building skills are not all that fantastic, I create diorama's but not kits. I've spend a lot of money on a MFM model, I had one custom made a few years back which took over a year of construction and although it was quality work, the shape was far from what I had intended.

But maybe we'll get one, one day The Dark Horse model was one I'd love to have
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/01/2013 10:10

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 03/05/2013
Have now bought two martian-tripods on ebay - but not the MikeTrim design
Will try to build a Diorama with it - maybe Horsell Common (the Martians building their fightingmachines)

And maybe i could get a Mike-Trim Model-Kit made from resin... but it will be "very expensive".

@Nike Dorchain:
You've made some Tripods with Google Sketchup, as far as i know?!
Could you maybe share them?

i have an Idea - and would try something with it...when it's possible

CChris
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/01/2013 14:26

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Yes I have made the Fighting Machine in Sketchup, but for the time being I'm keeping it mine, at least 'till I finished the project I'm working on. After that, it's possible I'll upload a few models of mine to the 3D warehouse.

On the website Turbosquid.com mgrote's MFM (and MHM) is for sale, so if you're really interested in a MFM model, I suggest you go and check it out
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/01/2013 10:28

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

I have an unbuilt and complete Michael Trim Design Tripod-Kit. I am willing to sell it....

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/01/2013 10:39

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Got Any specifics and pictures? Size and how it looks Someone here is interested
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/01/2013 14:37

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

The model is from "comet" and it comes complete with box, instructions and all the parts are still in its bags.

The size I can't tell as there is no mention of scale or inches on the box.

I have already sent a pm to CChris.

EDIT: The scale is 1:100 and I have added a picture as I have within my jumble sale thread in the off-topic on here.

Attachments:

20130126_154517.jpg
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/01/2013 15:45

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 03/05/2013
I'm also interested in it...

CChris
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 05/09/2013 11:02

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 06/09/2013
Hi everyone,

Nigel from Sculptoria Studio here.

Wow, what an amazing amount of time has passed since I was last contributing to this forum. I hope everyone is doing great.

Album Holder update:

I am chatting with new manufacturing contacts in the hopes of going into production of the long awaited deluxe MFM CD Album Holder.I suppose until I have something concrete it can be considered 'on the burner' only but it is a project I will never abandon. The artwork for the interior of the pull-out drawer (which holds the CD's) is stunning.

The costs of tooling and producing a heavy and highly detailed diorama such as this is, as Ogilvy would say, astronomical!

It is interesting to point out I also had a 'lights and sounds' special edition of this prototype manufactured and its lights and sounds function is triggered when the CD drawer is extracted.

I hope to bring you all news of developments on the MFM CD Album Holder in the near future, so until then, turn up the volume.

Best ever wishes

Nigel Humphreys
Creative Director
Sculptoria Studio

SCULPTORIA STUDIO

______F I N E   C O L L E C T A B L E S______

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 05/09/2013 13:05

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 25/06/2017
Hello Nigel,

I trust you are well, good to hear your still working on this...Fingers crossed my name is still on the list for one to be reserved were the first xxx hundred to be signed??..I cant remember what the deal was now..lol...Thanks for the update.

Martin

It's Always Raining In My Head

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 2 - 19 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved