Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Merchandise and Collectibles   » How To Purchase...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

How To Purchase JW TWOTW Merchandise
Author

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 20/05/2011
Quote: Something like that I expect. T-shirts are practically a certainty, anyway. I hope so, because I want one!

T-shirts are always good.

I'd love a JWWotW show T-shirt. Little FM Models would also be cool, but I won't get my hopes up.

Luperis

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/04/2006 16:01

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 26/10/2015

Lup,

There were indeed T-shirts!  I'm after one of the Metal Keyrings I heard about - isn't it the logo?!

"Grotesque gleam of a time no history will ever fully describe!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/04/2006 11:06

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 07/02/2013

MBalm- it was available in some of the entrance halls. I had to come in, show my ticket, wander around that perimeter corridor and then pop back out to buy. We made the mistake of buying before the show and ended up having to look after it all by our feet.

Only dissapointment was there were no poster tubes for the prints. This will have caused problems for people travelling by train. They didn't even have elastic bands to roll them with.

I'll list what I can remember with prices. Can't see this spoiling it for anyone but I'm sure one of the mods will remove this if there is a problem.

There was more but this is what I can remember@

CLOTHING:

Brown Handling machine t-shirt £20 (personal favourite, I bought one)
Black Thunderchild artwork t-shirt £20
Pink t-shirt saying "THUNDER CHILD" £20
Pink/Light Blue (there was a choice) Live show artwork (like on the programme cover) T-shirt. These came in a choice of either standard T or as a Skinny-T. £22
Polo shirt, was to awestruck by everything to really see this but it looked nice £no idea
Fleece, Black and Grey with the (small) logo embossed on £50

PRINTS (all £10):

PLEASE NOTE, POSTER-SIZED (BIG) BUT NOT POSTERS, THEY ARE HEAVY STOCK PRINTS (and stunning too!)

Live show Image (must-have item)
Various album artwork
The Doig artwork

MUGS

Pewter Tankard with logo £24 (and well worth it)
Various mugs, all high quality £6-10 (I think)

OTHER

Keyrings
Small badges (set of 4) £4

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/04/2006 12:32

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Centurius,

Yeah, I was made painfully aware that there was stuff the next day by a colleague at work who got a couple of t-Shirts...

Definately want to get a metal keychain with the logo on it though!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/04/2006 13:35

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 07/02/2013

Thank you to whoever it was in the Concerts forum who asked if there was gonna be merch. I knew beforehand it was gonna be there so three of us went looking for it specifically. At one point we almost gave up becasue it wasn't obvious where to go.

I really dread to think how much more money could have been made if it was more prominent.

On an unrelated note I thought it was fantastic that everything was so reasonably priced. I was expecting at least £5 for the t-shirts.

Only thing that was extortionate was the malteasers

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/04/2006 22:53

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 14/05/2007
Quote: Yes, there is going to be special Tour merchandise, although I don't have any details of what this is as yet. I have also been told that it will be available, officially, online once the Tour is over.

Im glad as i ran out of money after buying the signed print(£25), a mug, a programme and the set of badges.

Oh Lord

''No One would of Believed'' ULLAAAAAAAAAAA!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 02/05/2006 08:57

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 16/01/2007
We almost missed the goodies at Manchester because they were hidden away in a little room (which was, as Rick pointed out to me, clearly labelled with the word merchandise).  I was really pleased to get one of the metal keyrings because they really look the part and didn't seem too extortionate in terms of price.

"As Man had succumbed to the Martians, so our land now succumbed to the Red Weed..."

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/christopherlee/

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/12/2006 16:28

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Silly question time, but I've never seen any:

Are there any decent size prints of 'On Horsell Common' available?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/03/2008 18:10
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 06/09/2008
Quote: JEFF WAYNE'S MUSICAL VERSION OF THE WAR OF THE WORLDS 'OFFICIAL' MERCHANDISE

Beware U.S. purchasers!  Region 2 & 4 formatted DVD set will NOT play on your Region 1 DVD players, and at $60 a set, TWOTW will not give you a refund or exchange.  My wife and I can't even get anyone from TWOTW to respond to our inquiries.  This has probably been one of the most heartbreaking (musically speaking) events of our life.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/03/2008 00:53

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

To be fair, it has been made clear that the DVD is only avaliable on PAL (Region2) format.

As it is, you will basically need a PAL *compatible* or multi-region DVD player to play the disc.

Have you checked to see if your player can play such discs? The internet will be an invaluable tool here. A lot of players can do so.

Sometimes, it really is as simple as putting a code into your player to enable the playback for any region.

And who exactly did you ask about this? You say 'TWoTW'... but who is that? Perhaps you have simply been asking the wrong people. However, if these people are the right ones and you have got nowhere, I'd like to know so I can look into it. 

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 4 of 5 - 43 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved