Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Merchandise and Collectibles   » 7 Disc 'Collect...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

7 Disc 'Collector's Edition' - Indepth Review
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012
I only know about it because one of the Dutch members on waroftheworldsonline.com told us about it. As I say, it was never properly released but I'm guessing that there may be the odd taped copy around of the broadcast, but I expect those people will hang onto it for dear life. I've never seen it offered anywhere anyway...

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/09/2005 20:14
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 08/12/2006
Quote: THE COLLECTORS EDITION IS A MUST HAVE ITEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Agree this is a must have item . i have a copy it is FANTASTIC . AWESOME words cannot discribe the 7 disc collector's edition .  if there is anyone thinking about buying a copy let me just say  ( YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED )

ALL THE JUSTIN

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/09/2005 17:07

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 19/09/2008
it's no fun being a broke student...oh well I mite get it 4 xmas if i drop enough hints lolwww.trig.com/sarah_b
www.sarahbarker.etsy.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/09/2005 12:24

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 05/10/2005
£80 does seem rather alot but check out http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=CD&title=667497 £55 on this site for the complete ish.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/10/2005 13:45

Active: 27/04/2015

I bought the collectors set and it is out of this world well worth the money! I now have all versions of it that have been release and the sacd version is out of this world. The surround element brings an whole new life and immersion into the story!

Shame i didnt know about this site before i bought it as i would ahve getting it 10% cheaper and a free signed poster!

But thats life! Now i have just bought a ticket to sheffields live event so what away to enjoy twotw!

My son who is 10 is awed by the new version on sacd! He's gonna be blown away when we get to sheffield!

This could be a bigger event than Dr who returning to telly! lol

Andy

Visit www.hydefundraisers.com and get us to bring some fun to your charity events.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/05/2006 15:35

Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 30/10/2007

I got the 7 disc version for my birthday yesterday. My two kids bought it for me.

I think it's one of the best cd boxsets out there. So much archive material and detail has gone into making it.

Truly fantastic.

Jim(bo)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/05/2006 09:03

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 16/01/2007

And it's so great to listen to the extra material with the book to hand and get the background and facts on everything there!

"As Man had succumbed to the Martians, so our land now succumbed to the Red Weed..."

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/christopherlee/

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/12/2006 03:04

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 29/07/2007

I know! the remixs are just wonderful and brings some peace when ever i listen to it. the outakes are really funny but some of the stuff is weird.

UUUUUUULLLLLLAAAA!!!!

zatch ham 101

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/12/2006 13:34

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 05/02/2007

got one of these of my mrs for xmas

also got the dvd of the live show ,very impressed

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/12/2006 19:12

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 24/11/2013

It's got to be the best box set out at the moment. The overall look of it tell's you...............buy me!

You get so much for your money and it's coming down in price all the time....if you know where to look.

Bows and Arrows

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 5 - 42 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved