Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Merchandise and Collectibles   » 7 Disc 'Collect...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

7 Disc 'Collector's Edition' - Indepth Review
Author

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 19/09/2008
I don't even want to say how much I found this set for, brand new, on Amazon.

Let's just say there are people out there who may actually turn physically green with envy towards my unharmed bank account.

I can't wait for it to arrive!

Interestingly, I just stumbled across an old post of mine in which I said its no fun being a broke student. Good things come to those who wait I guess, haha!!

www.trig.com/sarah_b
www.sarahbarker.etsy.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/12/2012 21:26

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 04/08/2013

This collectors edition is a vast collection of music and narration of TWoTW as we all know and love it. All the outtakes and the complete recorded narration spoken by Richard Burton are absolute priceless. The SACD 5.1 recording on the CDs are stunning to listen to with a decent player (1st-gen PS-3 via HDMi for instance) and give depth to the whole arrangement. The bass maybe a bit too much at times but I don't want to argue about this little mis-hap.

After 7 years of owning this gem I must say that it is TWOTW as it should have been left. It has also stood the test of time and matured to a nice classic that should sit in an every CD-collection.

A must have !

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 5 of 5 - 42 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved