Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Fan Creations   » My War of the W...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

My War of the Worlds Stuff
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 02/04/2014

Hi, I'm new here, I have been a fan of WOTW for a little more then a year now (I know, shame on me ) Have seen the live show in Amsterdam last year, and doing my best to be there next time (had a fantastic night ) anyway, I'm drifting offtopic, I just wanna show some of the stuff I made in the last months:

First of all, me little 'display' with the ticket and a picture:

In real life it is a bit less pink though

some edited pictures:

Also, I am working on a 'WOTW Project' for wich I have modelled over 100 objects including buildings, red weed, boats, the martian machines etc. I'll show some test pictures. I made the models in Google Sketchup and imported some of them into Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for rendering. Special effects are all done in Photofiltre.

'Quickly, one after the other, four of the Fighting Machines appeared...'

'Mars in incapable of sustaining life...'

'At Byfleet we came upon an Inn, but it was deserted...'

A small part of Weybridge 'We hurried along the road to Weybridge'

'Come on Thunderchild!!'

'A huge, rounded bulk larger then a bear rose up...'

'There were a dozen dead bodies in the Eastern Road'

'The Martian spent the night making a new machine'

And Finally: the Handling Machine (yes that's me 'hiding' in the background )

Some more stuff is on my deviantart, also some things from the Steven Spielberg movie, so beware (as there are very few people who are fan of both versions) and some none WOTW stuff

http://nikedorchain.deviantart.com/

Let me know what you think, good, bad?

Nike

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/03/2010 17:39

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 30/12/2013

Hi and welcome to the forum.

And I would like to say your stuff looks really good.

BTW, can I have a link to download that awesome RCT3 TWOTW stuff please? 

Agent ULLA

"The problem is of course, the Humans..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/03/2010 19:04

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Thanks Certainly! Here you go, in the zip file there are loose folders, copy all the folders to Your install folder\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\Style\Themed.

http://www.divshare.com/download/10895674-db7

And something new I made today, not perfect but worth to show:

And also for those who wanna laugh: My first MFM Model from 8 months ago

And some more 'test' images:

Probably more to come... remember these are test pictures, so the Martians in the 'Martian Room' are not the final version Good? Bad? let me know

Oh, BTW is it okay if I show some other WOTW things I made? (from like the Steven Spielberg version)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/03/2010 10:40

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Oh, WOW!!!

I wish I could make stuff like that xD

I'm afraid I'm only good with a pencil. (and a piece of paper and a rubber and ruler and a pencil sharpener)

And thanks for the link. Too bad RCT3 does not work on my vista laptop. Atleast I have the other PC's in the house which have XP. Ok. Thanks. Great work. I'm off to install RCT3

EDIT: Lol. The underlined writing at the bottem of your post, I thought that was your sig and I did not read it. xD

And yes, I think it would be OK to show some of your SS TWOTW stuff.

Agent ULLA

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/03/2010 11:35

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Woah. I am on RCT3 and these models are great. The only thing is when I place a Martian, then zoom out just abit, it disapears.

EDIT: Same with the red weed, and other objects about that size.

Agent ULLA

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/03/2010 12:27

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

I know, sorry. It is becouse of the detail, the more detailed an object, the faster it disappears. It is a 'problem' with all RCT3 downloads, I make other things as well (non WOTW) for RCT3 but they are more low poly, because these I originally made for private use so I made them with as much detail as RCT3 allows. Anyway, glad you like them!

More to follow

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/04/2010 14:50

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

And some more:

The Martian Family The Fighting Machine, Handling Machine and Scouting Machine. What is it named anyway? I saw the name Scouting Machine somewhere and I like it, but has it an 'official' name?

ULLAAH!! Based on a frame from the live show, but with a Martian Background

And the Eve of the War. Normally I'm not very pleased with my own work, but this one had something sinister to it... Just this peacefull sleeping landscape and the beginning of the Martian Invasion in the background, and all the people have no idea what is gonna happen the next day...

Another edited picture, just a frame of the War of the Worlds DVD and some explosions pasted over it.

And now some of my Steven Spielberg War of the Worlds works:

'Look, there they are!, what did I tell you!...' ooh wait... wrong version

War of the Worlds Dawn: (For some reason this one is quite popular in my Deviantart)

And finally, last but not least: I saw a picture similair to this one on Google and I thought 'I wanna give that one a try' so I Googled 'Dead London' found the original picture and pasted the Tripods and Aliens in it

That's it for now, and before I forget. The Tripod and Alien designs are not mine in any way, I'm just a big fan who uses Photofiltre. The only things I do own are the 3D models, they are mine. But otherwise the designs go to the people who have the rights (Like Jeff Wayne, Ollie Records, Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks etc.)

Let me know what you guys think

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/04/2010 20:14

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Last month I've been busy with all sort of stuff, except for War of the Worlds I only made a few more new pieces:

I updated the Martian Scouting Machine, left is old, right is new

The 'Large Scale Hydrogen Accelerator' :

Also updated, the Heat Ray:

A little fanart:

And made for a friend of mine, based on the Tempest seen in the game: (there weren't a lot of good pictured of it, so I made it my own, a lot darker then the original, I like the way it looks dark )

So, waht do you think? Good? Bad? I wanted to make more, but sometimes inspiration just doesn't show up

Once again, all Tripod/Machines designs are not mine, I just made the models

Nike

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/04/2010 20:11

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 26/11/2013
You have Waaaaaaay too much time on your hands! Some good stuff though. You have the best bits of the speilberg fiasco- namely the weed and the fighting machines . At least no screaming child!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/07/2010 08:42

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Hi all, I found some spare time last night, and I decided to update a few older models, for now. Only 2 pictures. I remade the 'Martian Base' as seen in the live show. I made it a bit more old and temple like. And also more Alien with the green and Red Weed. Not perfect, but I kinda like how it turned out.

And the Hydrogen Accelerator as seen in the live show. Same story as with the 'Base'

As soon as I have some more pictures, I'll update What do you think? Good/Bad?

P.S. Come on, the Steven Spielberg version wasn't that bad, it was just different to the Jeff Wayne version. And the screaming child, well if I was a 10 year old girl caught up in an Alien Invasion, I don't know if I could keep my mouth shut...

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 24 - 239 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved