Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Fan Creations   » My War of the W...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

My War of the Worlds Stuff
Author
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 21/01/2016
You definitely have improved

Well done (also that pic is good )

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 04/05/2012 16:31

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 26/10/2015
Are you going to do a rendering of a Martian?

"Grotesque gleam of a time no history will ever fully describe!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 04/05/2012 17:14

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 05/01/2018
Quote: Are you going to do a rendering of a Martian?

I already have, it is a few pages back:

Martian Render 3 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

Martian Elder Room by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

But in the past months I have changed a few things and I want to change the render to a bit more "wet" look. Expect to see that in a few weeks time Thanks for your comment though!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/05/2012 22:15

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Very remiss of me not to notice - neat work! Looking forward to the more 'wet' look...

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/05/2012 14:11

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Well, here it is:

Martian Reworked by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

I still want to change the eyes, I don't want them to look all black, but have some color variation in it. And of course some saliva dripping from it's lip less mouth.

''The curious eye of a Martian...'' by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

''The curious eye of a Martian appeared at the window slit, and a menacing claw explored the room. I dragged the parson down to the coal cellar. I heard the Martian fumbling at the latch. In the darkness I could see the claw touching things, walls, coal, wood, and then, it touched my boot. I almost shouted. For a time it was still, and then, with a click, it gripped something: the parson! With slow, deliberate movements, his unconscious body was dragged away, and there was nothing I could do to prevent it.''

''A menacing claw explored the room...'' by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

What do you guys think?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/05/2012 17:37

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Interesting - I think the Martian still is missing a 'living' quality, not sure I can put words to it.
Liked the idea you have a Martian out of it's 'shell' looking into the Coal cellar though - but again isn't it implied to be either the eyes of a Handling Machine or a Martian looking from within a Handling Machine? Good work and you're building up a neat storyline here!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/05/2012 18:40

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: Interesting - I think the Martian still is missing a 'living' quality, not sure I can put words to it.Liked the idea you have a Martian out of it's 'shell' looking into the Coal cellar though - but ag...

Thank you! And I took the idea from the live show, that is where the Martian itself is seen at the window slit.

Alright guys, next stop is the Dead Fighting Machines, I created a total of 7 over the past few days, all in different poses. I had a lot of fun doing that, but I didn't have the time to render them out until today. Please click for full size view:

DEAD MFM -1 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

DEAD MFM -2 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

DEAD MFM -3 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

DEAD MFM -4 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

DEAD MFM -5 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

DEAD MFM -6 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

DEAD MFM -7 by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

I got some ideas from the Album artwork and expanded that further, the final Martian Camp will be not just Fighting and Handling Machines, but a whole range of the Martian Arsenal, as seen in the game.

Also made this:

''The Martians... Dead...'' by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

''I scrambled up to the crest of Primrose Hill, and the Martian's camp was below me. A mighty space it was, and scattered about it, in their overturned machines, were the Martians - dead...''

Not 100% satisfied about this last one, mainly because there arn't enough birds xD Pictures of eating birds are something that I still need to make. Another thing is the texture of the Dead Martian, I wanted to get an infected look... not 100% sure if I succeeded... What do you guys think?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/05/2012 22:34
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
I sense a period of great boredom has entered you life

Love the window slit pictures and the dead fighting machines.

As for the last one - I think the picture is great however i think that its missing some depth (the martian face appears to be part of the greeen mesh as opposed to being inside) but thats just me being picky.

All in all (runs to thesaurus) ..... hellacious!

PS> heres the link to that word - http://thesaurus.com/browse/hellacious

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/05/2012 00:30

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Well, I'm not all that bored at all, in fact it's quite the opposite, it's just work that I have done over the last weeks I have finally found the time to render them out, the broken machines were already completed a few weeks ago.

And for the last picture, it isn't perfect -at all-, apart from the depth missing, the texture on the Martian isn't also the way I want it, it looks alright, and I am getting a lot of positive feedback on it, there is still something about I don't like. And as for the depth part, the Martian is very close to hanging it's head out of the window, more outside then inside almost. But there is a sense of realism missing on that one, but I think a lot of it gets fixed when I add more birds who pick on the Martians' tentacles.

Thanks for your comment!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/05/2012 10:59

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Cylinder out at Horsell Common by ~NikeDorchain on deviantART

''Then came the night the first missile approached Earth. It was thought to be an ordinary falling star, but next day there was a huge crater in the middle of the Common, and Ogilvy came to examine what lay there: a Cylinder, thirty yards across, glowing hot... and with faint sounds of movement coming from within.''

A redo of my older work, also added a Victorian Woman in it. I don't have a picture of what I think Ogilvy looks like yet
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 23 of 24 - 239 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved