Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Fan Creations   » My War of the W...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

My War of the Worlds Stuff
Author
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 21/01/2016
I think he looks like a man

The cylinder looks like it belongs in that pic and is really well done. (still think the trees should have taken some damage but that's a minor point)

I think the lady is good as well. Are you planning a crowd?.

*once again turns to thesaurus* .... erm ..... umm ..... STUNNING!

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/05/2012 19:39

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 05/01/2018
Quote: I think he looks like a man The cylinder looks like it belongs in that pic and is really well done. (still think the trees should have taken some damage but that's a minor point)I think the lady is g...

Thanks! And the trees, well I wanted to keep the trees intact, so that when the Cylinder opens and sweeps it's Heat Ray around I could burn them, if all trees were already burned that effect can't be done anymore

And yes, I am planning on making a huge crowd, but I don't have all that much people photographed yet, but I am going to a large Victorian Festival in December, so I should be able to make hundreds of pictures there

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/05/2012 22:50
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Sounds like a plan

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 19:04

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Hi guys, been quiet for a while, but I've continued to work on my project. Life has turned around and stabbed me in the back in the last year and I've lost my appetite to continue work on this project, but in recent months I've found my interest in this project back, so I'm slowly starting to get back on track. But I have multiple projects in my head simultaneously so it's dividing the little spare time I have between those things.

Anyway, I've continued modelling in the last few weeks and this is what I've come up with:

First of all, I've modelled the ''Little Steamer'' that Carrie uses to escape England, it was based on the actual 3D model used in the show. I've created two versions of this ship, one for long distance, and one for close ups. The difference is in the texture of the hull, the model shown here is the one used for close ups, so the texture tiles a lot, but the long distance version has a different texture and doesn't tile.

Little Steamer by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

Little Steamer II by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

Little Steamer III by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

Next I started work on ''Brave New World'' I've completed a massive 300 MB 3D model of the entire underground world, but it's to heavy to render out at once. So I have to come up with something for that. I also designed my own version of the Fighting Machine, one that the Artilleryman envisions:

''Maybe one day we'll capture a Fighting Machine eh? Learn how to make them ourselves!'' - The Artilleryman

Steampunk Fighting Machine by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

Steampunk Fighting Machine II by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

Steampunk Fighting Machine III by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

The flag was an idea I got from the live show, but the idea of a new look for the Fighting Machine was something I got from the Dark Horse Comic, where the Artilleryman envisions his own Fighting Machine, that was the starting point for this one.

As always, click on them for the full view image, and let me know what you think and if you're having problems seeing them.

Nike
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 19:06
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

could you do a english tripod like we saw on tour (the whole union jack thing?)

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 19:26

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

I could, but I'm not going to. I thought the idea of a whole new style Fighting Machine would be better then just a repainted one
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/01/2013 14:11

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Thunderchild Battle by *NikeDorchain on deviantART

A test image I did today, it was just another test to see how the 3D stuff would fit in real photographs, it was done 95% in Photoshop, so that's my first. There are still a few problems, but it's starting to get there.

What do you think?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/01/2013 21:45

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 13/12/2018
Just taken to look through the pics on here. Very impressive to see them take shape then be tweaked and finished. Excellent stuff.

PS Mike Trim tripod would kick the shoot out of spielberg's spindly legged abomination

Team Burton
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/01/2013 22:25
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

*throws thesaurus at nike*

I have run out of words - find one that you like

see tripods - check