Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Concerts & Live Events   » AUSTRALIAN LIVE...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

AUSTRALIAN LIVE TOUR RAVE REVIEWS!!
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

Hello everyone!

The Australia leg of the 2007 Live Tour of Jeff Wayne's the War of The Worlds opened on September the 8th at The Burswood Dome, Perth... and it has had fans and critics alike singing it's praises!

The show has been described variously as 'breathtaking' and 'spectacular' by various press reviewers and the new hologram of Richard Burton, that narrates the show, has been named nothing less than 'miraculous'!

We'd like to share two of these reviews with you..

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD

THE WEST AUSTRALIAN

Enjoy!

THE WAR OF THE WORLDS TEAM

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/09/2007 06:07

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Active: 14/11/2009
Good to hear!

Melbourne is coming all too slowly now!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/09/2007 11:35
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 11/09/2007

I can confirm the Perth show was amazing.

A fantastic concept with the mixed elements of music, film and live performances.

And the music..............brilliant!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/09/2007 22:16

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

THE WOW Jeff,

You've gone global!

Well done Maestro... a brilliant show! So many people are going mad about this.

With great gentleness and softness for you , your father Gerry Wayne would have crowned  you proud had he lived to see this son of his great achievment.!

All love,

Loxley xxx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/09/2007 02:56

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Jeff is ALWAYS pleased to see your comments, and they are always passed on.

We're really glad you are enjoying the new show, wherever it touches down, so please do comment, wherever you are, if you wish.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/09/2007 14:13

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Here are some more media comments about the show...

“…miraculous…eye-popping show”
“…takes you on a wild ride”
“...out of this world”
The Sydney Morning Herald, 9 September 2007

...a global entertainment phenomenon…”

...even novices to Wayne's catchy pop-rock were tapping their toes throughout the show.

The Australian, 9 September 2007

* “When you add one of the best live sound mixes ever heard, including the best surround sound component bar none, you get a mind-melting, multi-media extravangaza and something that is guaranteed to be unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. Fantastic!”
* “Breath-taking….truly thrilling… amazing production and special effects”
* “Boasting eye-widening special effects and a more than proficient cast of players, not to mention the cavalcade of superb songs the original album possesses, The War of The Worlds Live is a banquet for the senses.” 
The West Australia, 9 September 2007

* “The colours were mesmerising with lasers, advanced lighting, pyrotechnics and digital effects which I cannot recall seeing in a musical in recent memory.”

* “The War of the Worlds the Musical has to be seen to be believed as the past meets the future in this dynamic musical.”

Perth Now, 9 September 2007

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/09/2007 06:00
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 14/09/2007
I booked my ticket for the Melbourne show very early and am travelling from Hobart to see it - I've lived this music since it was first released in the late 70's - much to some friend's dismay, I play it still.  The music is breathtaking on a good sound system and I'm so excited about going to the show next week.  One week to go!  And now I see there is another show on the Saturday night - dare I go a second night - I'm thinking YES.  Still good seats available so I'm going to book another one!  My husband thinks I'm strange, but then he doesn't really like any music much - his loss definitely.  
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/09/2007 19:51

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

Well I think your husband needs to open his eyes - this is a show of the 2000 century.

He may actually, suddenly love JW music- I am assuming you are dragging him into the shows as well..

Good for you!

Stay tuned!

As for me, I feel I am actually in the wrong country right now- stuck in England!

Loxley x

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/09/2007 05:08
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 16/09/2007

OMG!

I was at Brisbane's Martian landing on Thursday nite!!! Oh wow!! Suck Sydney, we saw it b4 u!

The 1st time i ever heard the soundtrack was in 1983 when we studied it in high school.  I BEGGED by music teacher to copy it to audio tape for me, and I faithfully listened to it for years complete with scratches and jumps.  When it came out on CD halleluia brother, I was right in there

Didn't see the Tom Cruise version of the movie for ages cos i was

p!##sed off if was set in America - poor HG would've been turning in his grave. 

Forked out some hard earned cash to get good seats  to see this and wasn't disappointed for a moment ... although Shannon needs to have some more british accent lessons and i think the martians should have been subtitled while speaking in alien gobbeldygoop.  It was SOOOO awesome - it's like nothing else you've ever seen on stage. 

I had some other 'ulla' fanatics sitting behind me.  You could have heard the audible breath in waiting for Chris Thompson to sing the top notes of Thunder Child and everyone broke into spontaneous applause b4 the song was even finished!

Michael Falzon was brilliant as the Artillary man - I'm disappointed I didn't get to see him in 'we will rock u'.  Brave New World is such a hard song to sing!

I thought it was gr8 howthey kept the atmosphere up b4, during and after the show with remixes of the music... i was quite happy to sit in the entertainment centre thru intermission.

When the fighting machine descended from the ceiling, i hit my friend on the arm and yelled out 'its coming, its coming'! She thought i was a freak but i don't care.  In fact we'd received more than a few strange looks in the couple of weeks prior to the show (we're both teachers) - calling out 'ulla' across the playground. I'm a geek and proud of it!!

If you haven't seen the show yet and you're sitting in the stalls/floor seating a word of caution... take your sunglasses.  The martian heat ray will repeatedly target you, and after a while you'll feel like a cat with 9 lives!

Well i could stay here and rave forever - but firstly no-one would bother to read it, and secondly I'm off to watch the DVD of the concert with my kids (no i didn't take them to the show... too expensive!)

Is there still a rumor floating around about Jeff Wayne doing a fully animated movie of TWOTW? Heard that one a couple of years ago.

Cheers all you alien life forms

Jillenajosh

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/09/2007 09:34

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

It's not a rumour.

There will be a Jeff Wayne animated movie based on the book. Just don't ask when... because, at present, we don't know.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 20 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved