Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Concerts & Live Events   » German shows 20...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

German shows 2011
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 13/05/2011
Hi,

are there any news about the shows in Germany in Decmber 2011 ? Last thing I heard is that the local presenter has gone into bankruptcy but still wants to organise the shows. So far , if you want to buy tickets at eventim.de (big german ticket site) only the show in Berlin is available, the others are listed but you can*t buy tickets for them...

I would be lucky, if anybody here has some good news for me...

Greetings from Hamburg,
Oliver
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/05/2011 22:44

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

HELLO,

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS PRESENTER?

LOXLEYXX

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/05/2011 09:35
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 13/05/2011
I don't remember the name right now (only that it were three letters), but yesterday I was at a local ticket shop and asked for news, and they told me it has been completely cancelled...
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/08/2011 21:07

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/01/2017
The presenter of the german show was Ace Entertainment. First the shows were planned for January and then for December and now they are gone?

I also heard that Ace Entertainment wanted to translate the show, so I'm glad they are not doing it anymore, I don't want to have a german show.

This member is offline.
Posted 04/09/2011 12:11

Active: 02/02/2014

Are there any news about the "German tour"? Which obviously already seems to be at least melted down to just one show in Berlin, btw... well, that is not too bad, as I live in Berlin and already got front row tickets for that show... erm... that is actually for the show in January which was postponed to December.

Is there any chance that someone "official" could give us some information about the show?

My hubby and I used the possibility last year to get tickets for a show in London with the help of some officials here, but as they had closed Heathrow that weekend, we missed the show, being deviated to Leeds and arriving in London in the middle of the night. Of course we didn't get any money back for the tickets...

Now our last hope is to see the show (we own tickets for since more than a year) here in Berlin. I'd love to get an answer, thanks!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 05/09/2011 09:29

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
As far as I know, the show should be in Germany early next year, but I can't confirm that as of yet - there should be an announcement within the next few months.

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/09/2011 10:28

Active: 02/02/2014
Quote: As far as I know, the show should be in Germany early next year, but I can't confirm that as of yet - there should be an announcement within the next few months.

Thanks for the answer.

But... "within a few months"...   the concerts were postponed to the end of this year, which is actually only "within a few months" from now. Is there any chance that we get an info not just a few weeks before the scheduled dates for the German Tour?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/10/2011 12:13

Active: 12/10/2011

Oh how glad we are having given our tickets back to Mr. Hermjo

Saw the show back in 2009 and it was amazing.

Since Mr. Hermjo decided (good move buddy!!!! ) that the Germans are too stupid to follow the show in english and it must be translated I know of hundreds of ticketholders who gave their tickets back.

Hmmm, maybe, just maybe the postponing will not become a postponing.

If so: SERVES YOU RIGHT "MR." HERMJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/10/2011 15:54

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: Today @ 15:51
Quote: Oh how glad we are having given our tickets back to Mr. Hermjo Saw the show back in 2009 and it was amazing. Since Mr. Hermjo decided (good move buddy!!!! ) that the Germans are too stupid to fol...

Hi
Hermjo Klein's company no longer exists - it went insolvent.
The new promoters will be Manfred Hertlein and they will be making an announcement in late November about the new Tour of Germany.
TWOTW Team

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/10/2011 21:21

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/05/2016
I hear it is going to be a uk tour next year, so might not see it mate

*See fighting machine*
*Turn off footy*
*Pick up phone*