Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Concerts & Live Events   » German shows 20...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

German shows 2011
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 21/04/2012
Und ich hab meine Tickets bezahlt - auch 1. Reihe - und krieg nichts dafür, weil die Show in Frankfurt ersatzlos ausfällt und auch die Tickets weder zurückgenommen noch ersetzt werden, sondern einfach verfallen.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 08/04/2012 17:21

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/01/2017
Quote: Und ich hab meine Tickets bezahlt - auch 1. Reihe - und krieg nichts dafür, weil die Show in Frankfurt ersatzlos ausfällt und auch die Tickets weder zurückgenommen noch ersetzt werden, sondern einfach...

Das ist echt fies.

Ich bin 2013 wieder am Start in Oberhausen!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/04/2012 22:56

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

And in English?

I am amazed on thefar flung net Jeff and crew have cast this tour.

He's reaching places that rarely get a look in in popular music.

all hugs,

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/04/2012 23:58

Active: 21/04/2012
Well, Germany isn't actually a place that rarely get a look in popular music. It's on every nearly artist's tour.

What I wrote above is, that the organiser of the tour went bancruopt and my show has been cancelled, and nobody gets a refund.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/06/2012 10:35

Active: 02/02/2014

Hi!

I just read the news about the cast, i.e. someone else replacing Chris Thompson...

Now I'd like to know if there will be more replacements and also, if that will be the cast for the tour in Germany, too. Long ago I bought tickets for a show in January 2011 which was postponed to January 2013. And I kept my tickets because I was looking forward to a show with the wonderful cast which did the show in 2011.

Please, can anyone who has the information, tell me about the cast in 2013 in Germany?

Knowing and loving Jeff Wayne's "The War of the Worlds" since about 1980 I was thrilled to finally see Justin Hayward and Chris Thompson live... and I would for sure be rather disappointed if they'd be replaced.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/06/2012 10:39

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 15/11/2019
Hello,

This tour is The New Generation, which means there will be a whole new cast as well as a reworking of the score by Jeff Wayne, along with many other additions to the live show. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed as we have already announced an all-star cast of Liam Neeson, Marti Pellow, Kaiser Chiefs' Ricky Wilson, Wicked's Kerry Ellis and Jason Donovan. We still have one more to announce...so watch this space.

We look forward to seeing you in January,

TWOTW team x
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/06/2012 07:26

Active: 02/02/2014

So... thanks for your answer. But to be honest, I'm very, very disappointed. You see - we bought our tickets very long ago, for a show which was announced to take place in Berlin in January 2011 (!) and of course with the original cast. I was so happy then, looking forward to see Justin Hayward and Chris Thompson live on stage, finally, after so many years loving the original album and their voices, of course.

Then the shows were cancelled and after a time of uncertainties postponed to January 2013, which is almost a bad joke, if you think about it. But I thought it okay waiting two years longer as I have already waited so long and we kept our front row tickets.

Now there's this "new generation" thing... and I feel betrayed. This is not the show I bought tickets for years ago! No one can replace those two wonderful singers, and I guess, I'll limit myself again to listening to the original album instead of seeing the show live. Because this "new generation" is not the show I loved for so many years.

You guarantee me not to be disappointed!? Well, I'm sorry, but I AM already disappointed now! And for sure you won't see me in January... I'm not interested any more in that show.

I guess you had problems selling tickets in Germany, and that was the reason for cancelling the shows some time ago. But without those great names you won't sell more tickets than before, and at the same time you'll loose more of the old fans, I think.

It's all so sad, and I can't really tell you how disappointed I am. :-(

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/06/2012 21:50

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

Ysabetha,

Please do not feel disappointed ...and do not give up those front row tickets. I think you will regret ever doing that in years to come.

Sometimes you just have to have a little faith and believe that that this show will be brillant. If we all gave up before giving new things a try, we would never know the answers in order to comment.

Nobody like changes, but sometimes changes is part of the fun on the journey.

You can still listen to Justin Hayward in other music areas and he still is in the DVD that Jeff made some time ago. He also has a solo album coming out soon from what I understand.

I think I was a little wary at first when I heard of the changes but now when I think about it, actually, it will be new and exciting.

Embrace this change- you'll be glad you held onto those gold dust tickets in the end...Believe me .

all hugs, Loxley

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 4 of 4 - 38 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved