Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » The Archives Room   » Richard Burton ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Richard Burton is dead?!
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 25/11/2007
Phil Lynott is dead? Oh, man, I guess that's why they couldn't get him for the tour.

Because the guy they got just isn't the same...

I wonder why they couldn't get David Essex...

If I had a custom title, it'd have to be either "Forum's biggest Weeaboo", or "Der Grammar Fuhrer", not to offend you British people.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/11/2007 01:03

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

The reason is because certain roles for the story (and therefore the shows) are age specific.

So the Artilleryman should be somewhere in his twenties and so on.

This is why the images of Richard Burton that were used are of him when he was in his thirties rather than later. 

It's all about making it as true to the story as possible.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/11/2007 05:27

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 17/04/2012

It's true that they went for the younger versions, especially Burton's image (which is baffling to me because he was considered to be more ruggedy good looking in his later years) but at the end of the day, Chris Thompson is in his mid fifties, as is Justin Haywood. As should Nathaniel be. Russell Watson was great and fit the role brilliantly considering Lynott is totally IRREPLACEABLE but even then, I always felt the role of the Parson should've been given to a more mature actor. If only Patrick Troughton was still alive (and could sing, I never knew if he could or not), he is the ultimate face of Nathaniel in my eyes.

It's a tough role to cast and it's one that demands vocal ability over acting ability. I would really hate to be the guy in charge of casting because it's not a light role to hand out willy-nilly.

Who's playing the Parson in 07 by the way?

"Tell me what kind of weapon is love when it comes to the fight?"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/11/2007 10:28

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

John Payne will be our Parson this year.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/11/2007 12:46

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014

WOTW was a girls night out for me, so not surprisingly we trawled through the programs dividing the guys up between us. One of my friends said "This journalist guy is pretty hot"

"Was hot, honey, He certainly WAS hot." 

Seems quite a few people are unaware that he is no longer alive.... Still someone asked me the other day why so much Queen was being played on the radio this weekend!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/11/2007 12:43

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

John Payne from Asia?

Whoa, that's awesome! He's got a very powerful rock voice and I'm sure he'll tear up 'Spirit Of Man' quite admirably.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/11/2007 13:30

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yes it's John Payne who was in Asia.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/12/2007 12:55

Active: 14/08/2008

No I'm not

I've been a huge fan of Richard Burton since I was a kid.  His deep, Welsh-rooted voice is perfect for the narrator.  Some of his other brilliant films were the boys own adventures 'The Wild Geese' and 'Where Eagles Dare' and the psychological thrillers 'The Medusa Touch' and 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf' amongst many others.

richardburton

www.rodglenn.com

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/12/2007 14:55

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

The Wild Geese is a fantastic movie!

"There is a clause in all of my contracts, that my liver is to be buried separately, and, with honors."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/01/2008 17:14

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 29/03/2008
Quote: No I'm not I've been a huge fan of Richard Burton since I was a kid. His deep, Welsh-rooted voice is perfect for the narrator. Some of his other brilliant films were the boys own adventures 'The ...

Great call on the movies mentioned above R B.I could sit through any of those.In fact I watched The Wild Geese on Sunday.Love the ending where he comes back for revenge over Sir Edward Matherson(Stewart Granger)The Robe is another.Richard Burton had an aura much the same as Oliver Reed had.If the pair walked into a room I'd like to bet you wouldn't be able to take your eyes of them.Hard living and talented.I heard someone say Richard Burton used to drink 2 bottles of Scotch per day.But a few weeks ago I watched  some snippet of an interview from the 70's  he said he was a Vodka man.Either way he was the perfect choice for the part of the narrator.Inspired casting by Jeff.Including Phil Lynott another talented gent skilfully chosen by Jeff.Perfect casting.Phil once recorded with Rock guitarist Ritchie Blackmore but no one knows what happened to the masters.Would loved to have listened to some of that stuff they recorded.These guys are gone but they live on forever through their legacies.'06 '07 '09!!!
FightingMachine11

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 3 - 30 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved