Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » The Archives Room   » Where is the NT...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Where is the NTSC DVD of TWOTW.. ???????????
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 20/09/2015

Back in 1978 I, along with millions of others discovered this fantastic two piece Vinyl recording of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. Listened to it well in to the nineties, when I woke up one day and gave away all my vinyl records and proceed on building my CD collection to what I had and better., One of these purchases on CD was the two disc collection of the same title.   Now fast forward to the late 2000's and I'm flipping around on my TIVO HD cable box and discover that in 7 hours I will be able to record the 2006 broadcast of a stage play that was performed in England and MCA Universal released that same show on a two set DVD  in November of 2006.

Problem here is someone forgot to get North American rights as I cannot find this DVD to buy on American soil. DVD discount stores and Amazon don't have it listed,, and a quick check on eBay I find only the UK PAL versions for sale..   Thank goodness for my TIVO..,  But I want or would like to buy an NTSC  version  ..

Is it available to buy? if so Where? if not ? Why Not ?

Thank you

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/06/2008 01:20

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

I'm afraid a North American/Region 1 DVD of the Tour won't happen.

This is, I'm told, due to the distributors, not anything else. Trust me, this is something that has been asked about and addressed many times before.

Your best bet is, perhaps, to buy the PAL DVD (online or whatever) and find the multi region coding inputs for your player (and most will have them), so you can watch the PAL DVD at home.

No promises, but, if I can help I will. Initially, send me a PM, with your player details and stuff, and we'll see whether this is feasible.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/05/2009 20:20

Wizard

Active: 20/05/2009
It's SUPER EASY to make a NTSC DVD from a PAL version..

All it takes is a little program (PC only) called IFOedit - google it.

You'll need to get the files off the PAL DVD (Video_TS folder), then open all the files with the .ifo suffix in IFOedit, and change everything that says PAL to NTSC. Then save each .ifo file, and burn the result to a DVDR.

Bingo, you now have a DVD that will play perfectly in any NTSC player ;-)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/05/2009 20:47
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 13/04/2011
Well I did one step better., Found a wonderful bittorrent and downloaded this to my PC and got a 16x9 anamorphic video / stereo (not 5.1),, but this is as close as I will get till Universal sees a possible profit in the North American trade ...
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/05/2009 12:52
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/09/2016
Just had to reply to this. I would say an NTSC DVD player in the USA would be capable of playing back a PAL disc as here in the UK, our PAL TV system is actually a variant of the NTSC system.

This is why a UK VHS video recorder can playback a tape recorded in NTSC and I would say that a USA VCR should be able to cope with a tape recorded in PAL. Provided the TV is a fairly modern set it should kick over to the standard being played.

In the case of DVD playback, it should be pretty much the same thing as it is connected to the TV via scart (and not via RF) a USA DVD player should playback a PAL disc.

SIMPLES!

Now SECAM is something else.......
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/09/2015 04:11
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 20/09/2015
Okay 8 years later same Question :

Where is the North American Relase of this Title ?????????????

Can you imagine for a moment if the Beatles Never decide to travel to North Amecia to sell their wares??

I mean .. you the producers are loosing a SH**T load of money by being impartial to greater revenue ...

I will continue to monitor amazon for what another 8 years ??

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 6 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved