Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » The Archives Room   » Mike Trim Sketc...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Mike Trim Sketches
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 05/01/2018
This is something I've noticed just a few minutes ago:

http://www.miketrimart.com/2.html

The site of legendary Mike Trim (the designer of the Fighting and Handling Machine) but I noticed something different below. In the Art gallery, we see the well known blueprints and sketches, but all the way to the bottom, in the lowest row, there are some more sketches of the Fighting and Handling Machine, both I've never seen before... It's s stupid question to ask where they come from (Mike Trim made them) But does anyone has a higher resolution? Or knows if it was used for a book/megazine or anything?

http://www.miketrimart.com/tinc?key=W5YzDwnU&fs_settings=2,index,1,8,800,740
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/08/2011 08:10
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
Maybe they are ideas he had - like first drafts before he came up with the current designs?

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/08/2011 11:21

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: Maybe they are ideas he had - like first drafts before he came up with the current designs?

Probably, but I've never seen them before anywhere, so I was just wandering if someone knows more about this

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/10/2011 03:18

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012
Sorry, just seen this. Yes, a lot of that is concept stuff. I believe, IIR, that these were necessary as Mr Trim wasn't the only painter on the album, so some reference sketches were made to keep the look right.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/10/2011 22:13

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: Sorry, just seen this. Yes, a lot of that is concept stuff. I believe, IIR, that these were necessary as Mr Trim wasn't the only painter on the album, so some reference sketches were made to keep the ...

Thanks, is there anywhere I/we can see them, I am interested in what kind of pictures were used to paint the paintings on the album. Maybe in one of the War of the Worlds books available on the site or anything? I have the full DVD set, it includes all things you want to know about the live show, but not the original album, and how that was made and everything

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/11/2011 18:08

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 16/06/2019
I see what you mean on this.... I'd never seen these ones before either.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/11/2011 17:07

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 14/12/2011

When I carried out the interview with Mike Trim in March 2005 (which can be seen on this site), I also spoke of the machine designs. Mike informed me that one design for the facial of the cockpit was for the machine to have a single type screen as apossed to the two large bug eyes we see now. The one shown on Mike's site also shows a a more flatter screen, but seperated in between.

Jonathan 

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/11/2011 17:23

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: When I carried out the interview with Mike Trim in March 2005 (which can be seen on this site), I also spoke of the machine designs. Mike informed me that one design for the facial of the cockpit was ...

It does, and the overall shape of the hood is very different, interesting to see though how the iconic Fighting Machine came about

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 8 messages found
« Next Oldest

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved