Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » The War of the Worlds Team   » THIS WEDNESDAY!  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

THIS WEDNESDAY!
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
Well, we all seem to be here, so they'll probably keep trying to find that Higgs Particle, or blow us up. Either way they'll be able to use their fancy machine.

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/09/2008 13:06

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 29/06/2013
They should convert the machine into a high speed roller coaster!

"And as it flew it rained down custard upon the land"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com www.makepovertyhistory.org Image hosted by Photobucket.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/09/2008 16:50

The Star Watcher
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 26/11/2009

AWWWWW GUYS!

WE MISSED THE CUE... OF COOOOOOOOURSE!

WE SHOULD HAVE ALL JUMPED ON H.G.WELLS 'TIME MACHINE ' AND SAT IN FRONT OF THE BIG BANG MACHINE!

WONDER WHERE WE WOULD HAVE ALL ENDED UP ?

Still here and eating spagetti boulli tonight -student style! Jamie Oliver mooooooove over!

I can't dance with two left legs but I can coook!

Now  WHERE IS THAT TIME MACHINE!

ESSEXGIRL XX

I support the British Dalmatian Welfare. Look at their website on www.dalmatianwelfare.co.uk for all their details and their shop

Give a Dalmatian a home for life- not on  a whim!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/09/2008 09:12

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 16/06/2019
I have to admit I was a little worried about it when they announced that the world may end when they did that experiment. I'm no physicist, but they reckon that once they've found a particular particle (called the Higgs Boson), they may discover the cure for cancer and other nasty things that the world could do without, thats why billions were spent. I have to admit, I was a little reassured when Stephen Hawking came on TV to say it wasnt going to end the world.. if there's one bloke I trust on Black Holes. its him!

By the way.. my car stereo was playing REMs "Its the end of the world as we know it" a la Independence Day as I drove in to work around 8.30am.

By the way.. did anyone go to b3ta (UK comedy site) where they photoshopped a frog going around the Hadron Collider.. made me chuckle!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/09/2008 13:21

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 07/02/2013

Considering that the collisions they'll be creating and analysing happen billions of times a day anyway I don't see what all the fuss is about.

The doom-mongers that seem to think that this CERN thing is as powerful as a dying sun (because that's how much energy you'd need to create a black hole) are either really stupid or just enoying the mass panic their nonsense has caused.

They're looking at particle impacts so small the most powerful microscopes we have would struggle to see them. How on Earth anyone came to the conclusion this oculd end the world I'll never know.

You're at more risk from the radiation emanating from your microwave than you are from CERN.

**DISCLAIMER** Centurius is in no way suggesting microwaves will end the world. Please do not be alarmed, and for God's sake please don't go on the news with badly animated black holes sucking the Earth into a kitchen appliance 

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/09/2008 13:32

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014

AAAarrrgggghhhh

My microwave oven is going to kill us alllllllll

Sorry, It kinda needed to be said.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/09/2008 21:43

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 17/06/2010

Atleast the recent panic has got CERN some attention. Its been underconstruction for decades and I've been a keen folower for a few of them. The people behind it have put alot of dedication and work into it and i have to say hats of to you scientists.

Ans the very best thing about it is that for once something with its potential power has been developed of the good of humankind instead of a weapon of destruction.

Heres to a bright future

"My microwave oven is going to kill us alllllllll " uh oh, its Terminator: The Rise Of The Microwaves!

I maybe nuts but im no fruitcake!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/09/2008 22:22

The Star Watcher
Supreme Being

Active: 26/11/2009

I think Jeff Wayne's site has been extremely,humbling, and accessible to the most vulnerable fans on his TWOTW website.

Although I am a very simple Portsmouth student... away from my family -Especially my Auntie Lox- I was very very scared.

I feel so much warmth, assurance and kindness tonight, from you JW fans- and the lovely  Evilnerfherder... all will be well.

US  students... 18 + up- think we are tough people- actually feel very soft  and scared inside.

TG for Jeff Wayne -our peace man!

All peace to you

Essexgirl.

I support the British Dalmatian Welfare. Look at their website on www.dalmatianwelfare.co.uk for all their details and their shop

Give a Dalmatian a home for life- not on  a whim!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/09/2008 00:42

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 07/02/2018
well, there's been a helium leak, so it'll be atleast another 2 months before it's going again.

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/09/2008 03:24

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 12/12/2012

How is Loxley, EG?

Back with us soon?

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 3 - 22 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved