Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Planet Poyks
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 29/06/2013

Hi everyone,

I'm Brendan, 40 years old and from Lincolnshire. I've been a huge fan of Jeff's album since it first came out, and the novel itself since I was about eleven.

I feel deeply honoured to be a member of the team, and I'm enjoying it greatly. My duties are to help with site administration and moderating within the forums, and to be as helpful as I possibly can with members questions and enquiries. I also like to join in with the many varied subjects and topics within the forums, as a fellow TWOTW fan.

As a team, we collaborate questions and ideas, and work together to keep the site fresh and up to date for our fellow enthusiasts.

I worked for several years for British Rail driving freight trains before becoming a full time recording engineer and producer. I'm now on my second year of a college music course to add some qualifications to my experience. I've been playing in a band for over ten years, and have made many recordings including several multi instrumental albums of my own. I also love drawing, and building scale models.

Thanks and regards to Jeff, Damian, Jon, Tony and Lee, and to all of our members and guests.

Poyks (Brendan)

"And as it flew it rained down custard upon the land"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com www.makepovertyhistory.org Image hosted by Photobucket.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/09/2005 17:46

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 10/10/2005

TRAIN DRIVER!

my grandad would love u he youst too carry big guns durin' the war!

THE MILKBOTTLE, matzo

"LOOK, WHAT DID I TELL YOU"-the artilleryman

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/09/2005 18:31

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Cool, I just hauled petrol, oil and coal around the countryside. For any rail enthusiasts looking, the locomotives I signed were class 08, 31, 37, 47, 56 and 60. My favourites were 37's.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com www.makepovertyhistory.org Image hosted by Photobucket.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/11/2005 08:52

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 09/02/2016
Poyks...

What a lovely Rickenbacker Bass we can see you playing there? Sorry, being a bassist myself, I have a thing for "Ricks"...they`re quality! Seeing as you`ve been in a band for ages etc, do you have a site for your band, with any demos, mp3s of your work...

Would be genuinely interested.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/11/2005 10:11

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Thanks.That's my trusty old '72 4001.

My website is under construction, and will be online soon. I'll keep you posted on that one.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/11/2005 16:44

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 19/06/2007
i want that bass!!!
"look! there they are! what did i tell you!"
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/11/2005 21:07

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

That`s a classic. Dunno why I`ve always had a thing about Ricks... they`ve got a lovely punchy sound that is completely different to anything else. I saw the new bass guy for Robbie Williams on the Berlin gig that was on CH4 the other night played a sexy green Rick for a lot of the gig as well.. and the guy from Franz Ferdinand too.. maybe we`re looking at a return to the classics instead of all those weird new things.

Wonder what basses was used on TWOTW. I saw Herbie Flowers present some awards at a local school where he played on the night, was in our local paper, he was sporting a Fender Precision, looked new, would be interesting to know.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/11/2005 00:51

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I'm amazed and pleased that the Rick basses seem to be very popular at the moment. As for Herbie's bass on Jeff's album, I do believe he used a Fender Jazz.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/12/2005 08:55

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Awww.. Poyks! I`ve just noticed the avatar.. very festive!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/12/2005 13:41

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I'm getting into the spirit of things this year.

(...or I'm just getting dafter with age! )

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 3 - 28 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved