Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » The War of the Worlds Team   » EvilNerfherder'...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

EvilNerfherder's pit.
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

Greetings one and all!

I'm Tony, and I am 38. I have been living in Newcastle now for around 8 years (barring a recent short break of a year) but originally hail from West Sussex.

I have been an active part of the War of the Worlds community for a couple of years now and it was a dream come true for me finding myself working here on Jeff Wayne's official TWOTW website. If you'd told me when I first heard the album, way back in the mists of time, that I would be doing so, I wouldn't have believed you. Having said that, there was no internet back then, so perhaps that's a given.

Here on the site, I am an Admin/Moderator/Trustee. That entails a wide ranging group of duties, such as; general looking after the site and it's members, offering advice and information to those members who request it, liasing with Jeff and JWM with regards to any news that is to be posted, devising and adding new sections to the site (along with my fellow Admins) and so on. Jon, Brendan, Lee and I discuss daily ways in which we can make the site a pleasant experience for everyone who takes the time to visit.

As for other hobbies, I like movies and reading (Horror and Sci-Fi, mostly), computer gaming and TWOTW in all it's incarnations (obviously!) I spend an awful lot of my free time doing stuff on this and another site. I am also starting to write my first full length novel.

Music-wise, I'm primarily a rock/metal bloke, but I have been known to listen to some dance, classical and electronic music.

I'm not married (tried it once, didn't work out) and have no children or pets.

For the curious, here is an image of me.. erm.. hard at work on the site...

With the sincerest of good wishes to Jeff, Damian, Jon, Brendan, Lee and all those wonderful site members out there (yes YOU too!) who make this site the pleasure to work on that it is.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/12/2005 18:48

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 18/11/2011

Nice T-shirt Nerfy...I am wearing exactly the same one today!

A great piece of merchandise from the somewhat shortage that Paramount pictures had in it's plans.

...and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us

-BWFUK-

The world's number 1 WOTW fan

www.eveofthewar.com

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/12/2005 00:22

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yes.. it is an excellent T-Shirt isn't it, BWOTWFan.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/03/2006 07:11

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/11/2008
Heya tony, I hail from america and am a new Jeff Wayne fan, it's the best version of TWotW I've ever beheld I can't wait for the movie!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/03/2006 14:03

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Welcome to the site! Always nice to see new fans.

The movie is going to be great,yes. Look out for the DVD of the live Tour when that is released for a taster of what the CGI will look like!

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/03/2006 14:56

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 23/08/2013

Hi 'nerf, keep us updated on how your novel is coming along won't you.

Kevin.

".....the Red Weed began to creep like a slimy red animal across the land, it's living scarlet feelers crawling, crawling!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/03/2006 18:46

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

The novel is not doing so well..lol. Must get back on that.

But I have started a new fanfic. For various reasons, I can't post it here.. but if you like, you can see what I have so far here...

http://robk.proboards13.com/index.cgi?board=fanfic&action=display&thread=1142187352

Bear in mind it's in it's very early stages and has a ways to go.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/03/2006 10:04

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 15/02/2007
what a wonderful site well done to everyone who runs it. i have just joined site thanks !!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/03/2006 13:45

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 23/08/2013

'Nerf, the Aftermath/ Prologue is brilliant, and so well written- it's almost as if Wells himself is writing it. It's great to meet the artillery man again- I hope you bring him in to the story again. (I can almost hear Essex' voice when the artilleryman speaks in the inn).

Great work! I can't wait to see the next installment!

Kevin.

".....the Red Weed began to creep like a slimy red animal across the land, it's living scarlet feelers crawling, crawling!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/03/2006 21:56

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Thanks, Kevin! Very kind of you to say.

I must admit, the story has me gripped too... and I'm writing the thing! Actually, if I'm honest, I have ideas but I feel like it's sort of writing itself. I guess it's all the years of Wells worship coming out!  I'll be seeing this one through to the end so it should be updated regulalrly.

-----------------

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 3 - 23 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved