Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » ULLA Club   » How do you Aces...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

How do you Acess the Ulla Club?
Author

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 16/06/2019
Are you over in Belgium now then Nathan?

I joined and I wasnt that impressed. All I got for my £1.50 was a couple of wallpapers, and a video clip of the Eve of the War from the DVD I'd already bought.. I thought the "exclusives" were gonna be stuff not on the DVD like Backstage bits and pieces. That kinda video clip would have been exclusive if you'd have used it just after the tour finished, maybe some footage of rehearsals not used on the DVD, or interviews with Gary Langan, Jonathan Park that werent used, or what about older footage from the archives? I'm sure they're there somewhere. Just an idea for future editions.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/11/2006 00:47

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 03/12/2007
No offence, but IDK its fair that US fans cannot join the Ulla Club? If it is possible can someoen please send me a code to get in.

"The Chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/11/2006 10:00

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Unfortunately, MOD, its just one of those things. I dunno whether you have all these text based services on mobile phones in the States, but its a good money earner for the company in hand, sadly these things dont work internationally. If you look, not all UK customers can get it either, those on Virgin Mobile have to lose out too. You never know, they may sort that in due course.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/11/2006 10:15

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 26/10/2015

On a (sort of) related subject: I can't look at any of the Webisodes on the Battlestar Galactica Site because I reside in the UK-is that fair??!

I guess this is just the way the Web is being segregated now - WorldWideWithstriction now?

"Grotesque gleam of a time no history will ever fully describe!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/11/2006 11:51

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 11/12/2014

The intention of the ULLA Club is to try and deliver new content that you won't find elsewhere.  We're also trying to ensure that we provide value for money, so we are keen to get your feedback.

As far as access goes, then at present, we can only support the UK mobile operators.  We are working on integrating Paypal for international users and so this should be available shortly.

With regard to the content, then the wallpapers and other imagery are items that are not available elsewhere, as is the screensaver.

We are going to be delivering some new video footage which is NOT on the DVD, which includes Jeff and Russell and then some behind the scenes work on the animation. 

We are also working on some other ideas for new footage, which again, you won't be able to see anywhere else.

The transcript of Jeff's chat will be available here, after we have re-scheduled it ... but your edition code will still be valid for it.

As far as value, then we are hoping to offer you good value at £1.50.  We are comparing this to the £3 that you pay for most mobile wallpapers etc. added in to the fact that you can win a signed copy of the DVD also.

The good thing is that we can be flexible, so any comments are welcome.  What would you like to see in it?  Online games, more video footage? Competitions?

How often would you like it updated?  Current plans are to do this monthly?

Please let us have your thoughts. Thanks

Phil - Fifth Dimension
Site developers for
www.thewaroftheworlds.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/11/2006 11:58

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 16/01/2007
I haven't had a chance to really look at the Club yet but I guess updating monthly at the moment would be the best bet and then, if the powers that be feel that they have enough update material to do so more frequently, then it would be reasonable to look into more frequent upates.  I suppose what you have to do (and I am certain you've already considered this) is make sure fans aren't required to update more ofen for a minimum of new content (therefore paying more for minimal benefits) but at the same time, you don't want content to get stale.  Maybe do two or three month with a once a month update and then review the situation with the club users?  By then, you'll be able to get a reasonable feel of retention rates too.

"As Man had succumbed to the Martians, so our land now succumbed to the Red Weed..."

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/christopherlee/

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/11/2006 12:53

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/11/2011
Quote: Are you over in Belgium now then Nathan?I joined and I wasnt that impressed. All I got for my £1.50 was a couple of wallpapers, and a video clip of the Eve of the War from the DVD I'd already bought.....

Yes, I'm over here until February which means I have to wait until I return to see my DVD and join the ULLA club.

However, I was prepared to make an international phone call to book my tickets for the 2007 tour, because there is no way I would ever want to miss out on that!

...and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us

-BWFUK-

The world's number 1 WOTW fan

www.eveofthewar.com

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 08/11/2006 17:18

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 17/12/2012

i think montly is a good time period because most "clubs" issue thingsmontly plus it gives you more time to think up more exculsive things to put in, i had a really cool idea for a redd weed screensaver whilst watching my DVD this afternoon

Andy

ps: the whole ullaclub card...did that start before the news bullitne was posted? if so..YAY i get a card..

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 08/11/2006 21:20

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

That Red Weed Screensaver sounds good! One that grow around your screen as you use it I hope? I have to admit, I thought when I saw the concert, The Red Weed was made ten times better with the Animation behind it as I always considered that part of the album to be one for the "Synth Lovers", but i love it with all the animation. where it grows rapidly across a tree, then a field.. very beautiful! I can see that being used in a screen saver.. One to ask the guys at Media Station I think?

I was thinking of other US based things that us Brits cant see.. One I couldnt think of we miss out on over here is the ABC Website.. cant watch the tv shows after transmission like Lost, Desperate Housewives etc, we have to wait months for them over here.

Also, dont forget iTunes over in the States is 99c song, over here 79p.. which is about $1.50 a song.. so please dont think that TWOTW's site is discriminating against the US.. there are things you get that we dont too... Like they said, they're trying to sort out a method with Paypal, so that is a good sign for you. Besides, when i logged on with my code, the first thing it gave me was a list of Issues I i paid for, the rest being added, so when it does go on, you'll be able to catch up.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/11/2006 10:47

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 16/01/2007
Just reading the e-update, I notice you will be inroducing Paypel membership for the Ulla club.  Will there be an archive of older editions availble for those members who can't join until Paypal is introduced, to ensure they can access the content that the rest of us have been able to?

"As Man had succumbed to the Martians, so our land now succumbed to the Red Weed..."

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/christopherlee/

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 4 - 37 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved