Forums   » General   » Horsell Common   » Censoring  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Censoring
Author

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 28/11/2014
Quote: Its about stopping people from typing certain words at TWOTW soicial thing: Horsell Common http://horsellcommon.thewaroftheworlds.com There is nothing from stopping people from typing what they ...

hi Britt, sorry didnt even know there was a problem. To busy locked away in my sheltered little corner of the world! If concensus agreement to act like grownups isnt working, maybe we do need to look at somethign a bit more.... proactive

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/03/2009 13:15

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
If concensus agreement to act like grownups isnt working, maybe we do need to look at somethign a bit more.... proactive

The bane of many forums the world over I am afraid. People seem to 'devolve' on some it seems. And I certainly wouldn't call those who do 'devolve' 'mature' afterwards.

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/03/2009 16:58

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 17/06/2010

I meant by as the 'tour comes closer' that is gets more publicity and a wider range of people get attracted to the site, not all with good intentions.

Sorry Nerf, i will come to you nextime

I maybe nuts but im no fruitcake!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/03/2009 21:52

The Star Watcher
Supreme Being

Active: 26/11/2009

Which is one of the reasons why I won't go on the 'behind the scenes' forums.

Had awful experience with a Facebook thing and also similar to what you describe on HC with a well known UK band one who have lots of tours going in USA. It was horrible and completely destroyed what the concept of the forum was all about and actually put me off the band too since I did not like the  so called 'fans' they are attracting.

I am happier here where Evilnerfie keeps his hawk eye on everything.

Frankly if HC gets abusive, Jeff Wayne should simply shut it down if we can't trust people to act in accordance to his rules and conditions set here. After all, anything like this, should it become vulgar will become the nameplace reputation - sadly !

Up to now, JW Forum website HERE  is a joy to be part of- please don't let it go dowm the pan like that well known UK band Forum.

All best,

EG xx

I support the British Dalmatian Welfare. Look at their website on www.dalmatianwelfare.co.uk for all their details and their shop

Give a Dalmatian a home for life- not on  a whim!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/03/2009 09:41

Falzonette
Supreme Being

There are ways of preventing things getting to that point. The first step is to let the mods know what is going on. They can doing things like warnings, official warnings and even I.P bans if necessary. As the Britt said, there are also filters that can be used. Good mods can really help in this situation and keep everyone happy. And lets face it, we have good mods.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/03/2009 01:06

Alexischick
Supreme Being

Active: 04/06/2015
Quote: There are ways of preventing things getting to that point. The first step is to let the mods know what is going on. They can doing things like warnings, official warnings and even I.P bans if necessar...

I agree killr.queen the mods here are totally awesome especially evilnerfy
Artillerygirl (bfc&p)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/04/2009 12:57

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 17/06/2010

I would like to apolagise for this thread, only a single user has ever used 'out of place' language at Horsell Common who swiftly took it back. I did not mean to conjure up a bad image for the network which is nothing but friendly. It is a fantastic extension of the site which i hope i havent ruined for anyone.

THEBRIT

I maybe nuts but im no fruitcake!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/05/2009 22:15
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 25/04/2017
woah, i did not even know anyone using bad words. i am new to this forum and i have found it very useful even with the trinity debate going on. i have found out what a great lot you are, and i have not really seen any malicious messages. is there anyone out there who would like a chat with me on horsell common as i do not know how to get started and who to chat to. any answers please. thank you for your time.  tony.
jakeandjosh
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/05/2009 10:10

Falzonette
Supreme Being

I couldn't find you in Horsell Common J&J. But you are quite welcome to add me.

Bagnew is our newest admin, and should be able to guide you through any problems you are having until Poks and Evil Nerf Herder get back

As for swearing, I dont think there is very much.And it looks like the prblen was dealt with. So thats all sweet.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/05/2009 21:18

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
Hi there J&J, just start adding people, we're friendly enough, so I doubt you'd get rejected

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 3 - 22 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved