Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » General   » Horsell Common   » best song from ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

best song from the album??
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 30/11/2009
I have The Eve of World as my phone ringtone , this evening I thought my phone was ringing . Turns out my husband was home from work and had the CD playing in the car , as he pulled into the back yard.

"The Martians were evidently , in spite of their repulsive form, intelligent creatures."

www.flickr.com/photos/angel135

http://twitter.com/angel135

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/07/2009 14:34
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 18/11/2011

Oooh tough call!

I would have to go with Brave New World for my favourite song, and Eve of The War for my favourite piece of music.

But there isn't a track I don't love, as has been said already they each have their place and I wouldn't skip anything.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/07/2009 23:53

Active: 23/10/2011
Hmm it's a tough one. "Eve of the War" almost defines the album. "Forever Autumn" is a great melody and fits in with the mood of the story and album perfectly. "Thunderchild" is a fine song as well.

My own opinion is that the second half of the music is a not quite as good as the first 30 -35 mins. That is not to say it isn't a wonderful piece of popular music. But the best was never saved til last.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/09/2009 21:42
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 11/11/2009

Guess I'm a bit old school as I love Spirit of Man sung by Julie Covington, her voice is so brilliant and it works so well against the gravelliness (I know that isn't a word!) of Phil Lynott.

Any Ulla works well too!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 04/09/2009 13:58

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 28/01/2010
Its quite a hard desicion but, I think that the best song has to be Brave New World!

MUDKIP!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/09/2009 15:15

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

Although I adore The Red Reed... and have said so earlier on this thread .. I do love Forever Autumn...

However I am ducking under my table as I own up - I prefer the Mike Batt's  F A version in the album 'Classic Blue' where Justin sings many beautiful songs within their collaboration. I remember listening to this track , many years ago, when out walking my previous Dalmatian during Autumn too.  To top the icing, the bit where Justin sings " I watched the birds fly south..." suddenely a flight of birds did actually lift off a huge numbers at the very timing... I was spellbound...as it was all against a red Autumn sky...

A memory intact forever...for all time.

I love is the way composer Mike Batt has arranged those Strings , violins and other instruments to captivate that awesome atmosphere in Forever Autumn within the Classic Blue album.

Listen to this if you can - and I think you will see.

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/09/2009 22:54

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 11/02/2018

Forever Autumn, for the simple fact that this song could, or infact may have absolutely nothing to do with TWOTW. In both verse and chorus, there are no references to martians, tripod's or anything out of this world, that would lead the listener to think this was part of the H G based Alien invasion, to me it is a seperate entity entirely,of course the song has an unbreakable connection with the whole album but for me it is the stand out track, a great song that was a chart hit which for me shows how good it actually is. A classic. 

And before you mention that this song is interjected with diologue from Sir R Burton, yes I know.

Can't sleep, the Clown's will eat me.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/09/2009 13:59

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 15/09/2009

I would go for Brave New World or the Spirit of Man.

I was listening to Spirit of Man in my South London kitchen one incredibly rainy stormy day and that song made me so on edge that I could not get to sleep that night!!! It was like my brain was saying the martians are coming for you Andy!!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/09/2009 21:52

Active: 04/12/2014
Eve of the war yes especially Richard Burton what a fantastic voice that man had makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck (also love 'Broadsword calling Danny Boy') and Horsell Common fantastic guitar work. But as has been said before it's impossible to pick one, whichever is playing is brilliant!!!! How can you dissect sheer genius?
piptheskip

As you move through this life leave only footprints, take only memories and kill only time
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 07/05/2010 22:07

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

WELL.....

I think 'Brave New World.' .. added another song I think for this album.

With Cameron and Clegg grabbing uncertain length straws... who knows what going to happen next?

With the 'not so great' scenario of our political system , being 'Hung' is a disaster... so for Cameron tonight, I pledge that his PR reps play,' Brave New World!' It's gonna be!

That's me off my soapbox and big hugs to Jeff.

Loxley xxx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 4 - 35 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved