Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » HG Wells   » HG Wells and The War of The Worlds.   » the war of the ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

the war of the worlds book
Author

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Active: 30/08/2007

my favorite part of the book is how wells describes the way the aliens inject themselves with the blood it's sooo cool. when i read the book i can't put it down.

No one would've believed in the last years of the 19th centuary that human affars where beening watched from the timeless worlds of space!

slow and surely they drew there plans against us!!!!!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/02/2006 19:45

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 23/08/2013

What I'd like to read is the part where the martians disect the humans. It's in the part of the book which you've just described, but apparently only in the Pearson's magazine edition of 1897- either that, or I've missed it in my book.

Kevin. 

".....the Red Weed began to creep like a slimy red animal across the land, it's living scarlet feelers crawling, crawling!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 02/03/2006 12:34

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

i love the way you get drawn into the book. when i was reading it i felt like i was there!

No one would've believed in the last years of the 19th centuary that human affars where beening watched from the timeless worlds of space!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/03/2006 21:28

Tripod Pilot
Supreme Being

Active: 25/02/2018
It's very interesting to ponder about the land and scenery that comes to mind when Wells describes it and you make a picture in your head. I like that with a book

As it struck, all five fighting machines exsulted, emmiting deafening howls which roared like thunder. ULLAAA!! ULLAAA!!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/03/2006 12:40

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

that it very true. i like to let my imagination on cazy

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/03/2006 19:33

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 11/02/2018

I finished reading the book [again] last night and I must say the Artilleyman's vision of the future take's some beating. I'm sure if this man were alive today he would definately be a candidate for the Mayor of London.

Can't sleep, the Clown's will eat me.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/03/2006 06:38

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 20/05/2011
I have to agree that Wells' descriptions in WotW are amazing - they paint a picture of the story, whilst leaving just enough to the reader's own imagination. One of the reasons I like it so much.

Luperis

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/03/2006 21:45

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/02/2007
I really liked the part where the heat ray was first used. It really built up to the creepy part that the martians were not friendly. I didn't pay much attention to the book in school because I saw the old movie first. Now I like it a lot and will read it again.

^^^^^THE DALEKS SURVIVE IN ME!^^^^^
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/03/2006 05:56

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/02/2007
Out of all the martian machines I have seen in the films, I'm sticking with the classic. Really creepy when they first came out of the pit and the heat ray was eerie.

^^^^^THE DALEKS SURVIVE IN ME!^^^^^
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/04/2006 10:11

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 08/06/2006
Lol speaking of reading the book at school. I went into a storage closet at school and found a box full of the Wotw novels. I didnt have a copy of the book for myself and was desperate to get my hands on one so I took one out of the box. They were ancient and looked like they hadnt been touched in years any way so I didn't fell particularly guilty, and it seemed a shame to let such golden literature go to waste!
BAZ

And slowly but surely, they drew there plans against us!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 6 - 55 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved