Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds - The New Generation   » The New Generation Album   » FOREVER AUTUMN ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

FOREVER AUTUMN TODAY SUNG BY GARY BARLOW
Author

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 28/11/2014
Not sure I agree with that criticism Planenut. The original music didn't fit the era either, but we accepted the suspension of belief. Its your opinion though, and you have a right to it.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/10/2012 11:58
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/07/2014
Quote: Not sure I agree with that criticism Planenut. The original music didn't fit the era either, but we accepted the suspension of belief. Its your opinion though, and you have a right to it.

Yep!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/10/2012 12:14

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/10/2012 20:37

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
Jeff will be premiering an exclusive medley of ‘The Eve of The War’ and ‘Forever Autumn’ - as taken from The New Generation album – alongside his band and orchestra this Friday 26th October on The Alan Titchmarsh Show!

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/10/2012 20:38
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/10/2012 08:37

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 16/06/2019
Bit concerned after looking at the Titchmarsh footage on YouTube....

Who have we got in the Black Smoke Band from the Original??? They're all children! Where is Herbie and Chris? Or Gordy Marshall? I'd have thought they would have had some trusted hands in from the original album to keep things stable.

As for the Gary Barlow Forever Autumn... remember I said it wasnt ruined... even though that is the case, after a couple of listens you hear that horrible Auto-tune roboticness that gets on music these days all the time? I know its standard practice in the music industry to refine the vocal... but it does sound a bit obvious. Lets hope the rest of the album is not the same.

Still looking forward to it though!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/10/2012 08:49

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 30/01/2019
Quote: Bit concerned after looking at the Titchmarsh footage on YouTube....Who have we got in the Black Smoke Band from the Original??? They're all children! Where is Herbie and Chris? Or Gordy Marshall? I'd...

The Titchmarsh show wasn't the Black Smoke Band..

The BSB will be made up of:

Herbie Flowers (Bass)
Chris Spedding (Guitars)
Neil Angilley (Keys)
Julia Thornton (Perc and Harp)
Laurie Wisefield (Guitars)
Kennedy Aitchison (Keys)
Accy Yates (Drums)
Tom Woodstock (Guitars)
Steve Turner (Keys)

TWOTW Team x

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/10/2012 16:52

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 21/11/2013
Quote: Bit concerned after looking at the Titchmarsh footage on YouTube....Who have we got in the Black Smoke Band from the Original??? They're all children! Where is Herbie and Chris? Or Gordy Marshall? I'd...

I was thinking the same thing, cheers Admin for letting us know who's going to be in the BSB this year
I'm so glad Chris and Herbie are back

As for Gary Barlow I agree with you, after a 1st listen, I really liked his version of Forever Autumn but now after listening to the version in more detail I agree, I don't like the manipulation that's gone into his vocal. I'm not sure if it's autotuned, if it is it's only a small amount of auto tune on the vocal (Compared to some people who use auto tune in the music industry these days) but I still think Justin's original version is superior

The rest of the performance, as in the Eve of the War on Titchmarsh sounded rather untouched from the original, only a few elements were changed, I quite liked Forever Autumn but Gary singing Eve of the War, I wasn't so fond of.

However a pleasant surprise was how good Liam Neeson was in the role of the Journalist, I loved hearing him reading the opening lines, and was little concerned when he was first announced but now not worried at all, loved him as the Journalist

From what we heard, it's going to be a great album Can't wait

Ulla, my pet martian

Ulla decided world domination was a good thing!

And then he caught the flu....the end

December 6th 2012... Wembley Arena, The War Of the Worlds The New Generation, amazing experience
"The tar is not a guitar, it's just a tar but the person that plays it, is the git"- Chris Spedding
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/10/2012 19:24

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 26/10/2015
For what it's worth...

I am not sure if it's just Gary Barlow trying to sound like Justin Haywood or if it's just the Recorder/flute/pan pipe overkill in the song but it doesn't have the same soul as the original.

This said let's hear the complete work rather than medleys and snippets before final judgment!

I do think though it's a good idea to re-release the song as a single but I wonder, could it be as a stand alone (ie not have such a direct reference to The War of the Worlds)?

Looking forward to November 26th and the album but what awaits??

"Grotesque gleam of a time no history will ever fully describe!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/10/2012 23:48

Alexischick
Supreme Being

Active: 04/06/2015

Hey team Gary Barlow is a great choice at least it is NOT ROBBIE WILLIAMS SINGING FOREVER AUTUMN if you know what i mean

Artillerygirl (bfc&p)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 4 - 36 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved