Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds - The New Generation   » The New Generation Album   » Itunes  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Itunes
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 05/01/2018
Hi guys, it's on iTunes for 9,99! Just bought it and just finished the first half of the Eve of the War, so far 100% amazing
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/11/2012 20:41

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Just listened through the whole album for the first time, and it's mixed emotions, both good and bad.

First of all, I got a deep emotional bond with the original story Jeff created, the music, the sound, the storyline, it all worked perfectly.

The new generation, the name is appropriate, it's new and refreshed, the whole work. From the opening ''No one would have believed'' to the closing ''Come in...''. The new music sounds brilliantly, with a surround sound set like the one I have, it sounds amazing, the deep bass and tightened groves are absolutely amazing. I won't go through the whole album bit by bit, but several things as an overview, really caught my attention.

Possible spoilers below

In the Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine, ''I jumped into the water'' has a nice surprise, and that part is easily one of the best moments of the new album, it's that good really.

Some of the effects sounded to me a bit over-done, certain silences and tension building moments were filled up with bleeps, echo's and other sounds effects, that are at some times over-done, but at other times work perfectly and really work on the story. Like all music, it's a matter of taste of course. The resolution at the end of Dead London was -in my opinion- much, much better then the original, another one of those fantastic new surprises the new generation album has.

And the final ''The problem is of course the humans'' which was the huge finale in the last tour, re-appears in the new generation album and really adds to it, it's fantastic.

Last thing to say, I think it also takes time for me, as a huge fan of the original album to let it sink in, I've listened to it just once now, and like said, it's mixed emotions, certain parts are 200.000% better then the original, while other scenes have to much modern echo's, sounds, and beeps that cause it lose some of it's credibility.

So, anyone else already listened to it?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/11/2012 21:34

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 28/09/2016
How can you buy it now on itunes when it is only available to preorder it at the moment for £10.99. And its not released intil the 26th nov. are you telling a few porkes.
---------------------------------------------------
Appledirect.net - Supports Jeff Waynes - War of the Worlds
Appledirect.net - Mac New and Resource site
Web: http://www.appledirect.net

----
Chat:
----
MSN : appledirectcs@live.com
Aim/iChat : appledirectcs
Yahoo : macpro_user

please ask in chat before starting any cam chat thanks!!!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/11/2012 21:38
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 23/11/2012
It's been available in mainland Europe today.

I purchased a copy for 9,99 through the german iTunes store. Although being in the UK, I had to create a new account and purchase an iTunes gift card for the german store online to get it - but get it I did!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/11/2012 22:36
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
This is so painful!

I envy you nike!

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/11/2012 23:45

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
Rushes off to check the AU situation........

Damn "Expected Pre-order 30 November $17.99"
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/11/2012 01:55
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 13/12/2013
All this thread has done is made me want it even more lol However, I can rest as ease knowing it's definitely not getting postponed again.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/11/2012 07:14

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

No it's not, and for mainland Europe it was released yesterday, and the UK release date is still November the 26th. Well, two days people, hang on and be strong! (and jealous, I know I would be.

It is also on Spotify as far as I can see, so Spotify users, you should go and take a look.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/11/2012 08:30
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
Spotify is regon specific unforutnatly.

How ever my CD has been dispatched and is guaranteed to arrive on monday!

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/11/2012 16:15
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 15/01/2014
I've tried every way possible to try and get hold of a downloadable copy of the album, and have failed miserably. I attempted to use the German iTunes store, but couldn't find anywhere to buy credit for it. I've ordered the CD from HMV, who usually deliver early, but not this time. I can't understand why everyone has the MP3 version available before us, when it's released on Sony Music UK.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 12 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved