Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds - The New Generation   » The New Generation Tour 2012/2013   » on stage?  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

on stage?
Author

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 28/11/2014
Dear Dublin....

WELL?????????
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/11/2012 22:48
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
My thoughts as well! - Will be hunting for reviews tomorrow but will have to resist searching for youtube video's as I don't want to run it!

Perhaps admin can make a spoiler thread and a no spoiler thread - This means I can still talk about the tour whilst still being surprised when I get there!

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 01:03

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
In the past the general guidelines to spoilers have been to just refrain from posting them! It's usually a good idea, for example to talk about something in vague terms (for example "the illusion with Beth" from previous tours rather than going into detail as to exactly what it was and how you think it was achieved).

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 12:13

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
theres an illusion with Beth?!?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 13:07

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/12/2015
Dublin. Well I was sceptical about the new generation but I have to say I loved the stage show. I won't say much as I don't want to spoil it for others going, I'll do a blog later with spoilers if you want to read more. There is more dialogue which I enjoyed. The cast were all amazing especially Ricky as the artillery man and Jason was much better suited as the parson. Dare l say Kerry is possibly the best Beth so far. There were a couple of technical problems mainly with the sound in the second half drowning out the voices. I like Liam as he was actually acting the part rather than just being a voice. There were two downsides for me. 1. Not being allowed to take photos even without flash, Jeff and the cast were so surprised people were stopped. The second downside was Marti Pellow, honestly he might as well have been singing a shopping list. No feeling and very weak. Sorry if this reply is a bit jumbled I'm on my phone.

magnumlady
magnumlady.wordpress.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 14:38

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 19/09/2014
Magnum Lady, so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it and thanks for the update.....I saw Kerry Ellis recently play an acoustic show with Brian May and have seen her in a few stage shows.....she is a top performer....I will be interested to see if MP has improved by the time of the Sheffield show.....
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 16:09

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 21/11/2013
Quote: Dublin. Well I was sceptical about the new generation but I have to say I loved the stage show. I won't say much as I don't want to spoil it for others going, I'll do a blog later with spoilers if you...

I've heard some great things about Ricky, Kerry and Jason from people over on facebook so am really looking forward to seeing them at Wembley

Apparently though, depending on where you were sitting, people have problems seeing the hologram of Liam Neeson?

Aww really? Did the venue ban you from taking pictures or did the production team ask you not to? Sometimes taking pictures without flash is allowed but depends on the venue right? There's never been an issue with taking pictures at the live shows before has there?

Ulla, my pet martian

Ulla decided world domination was a good thing!

And then he caught the flu....the end

December 6th 2012... Wembley Arena, The War Of the Worlds The New Generation, amazing experience
"The tar is not a guitar, it's just a tar but the person that plays it, is the git"- Chris Spedding
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 16:59

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

I would say (hope) it was the venue with the photo problem because Jeff and co were surprised.
I had friends to the left of the stage and they could see the hologram fine...it might be an issue with people on the right. I was central so OK for me.
I do hope Marti improves he was the only let down in my opinion.

magnumlady
magnumlady.wordpress.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 18:27

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 21/11/2013
I would think the same considering Jeff was surprised that people couldn't take pictures.

I've been Wembley Arena before, which is where I'm going to see the show and they are very flexible with their rules, with small camera of course (nothing with a lens), I actually asked if it was alright to take one inside and they said it was fine, same with the Birmingham NIA and Nottingham Arena... I guess it is different for every venue Just hoping it was the venues decision, not the production team.

I think being able to see the hologram also sort of depends on the venue and how it's laid out. It was the same for the Richard Burton head hologram.

I'm rather worried I won't be able to see the hologram as we have seats on the right (Stage Left, Front of house right) so right at the other end from the hologram... ahh well, we'll still be able to hear the narration

Seems like people weren't fond of Marti, I too hope he improves...

Ulla, my pet martian

Ulla decided world domination was a good thing!

And then he caught the flu....the end

December 6th 2012... Wembley Arena, The War Of the Worlds The New Generation, amazing experience
"The tar is not a guitar, it's just a tar but the person that plays it, is the git"- Chris Spedding
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/11/2012 19:15

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

There is a story to the hologram but I don't want to spoil it for everyone so I'll wait until I blog about it.

magnumlady
magnumlady.wordpress.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 4 - 38 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved