Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds - The New Generation   » The New Generation Tour 2012/2013   » Technical sugge...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Technical suggestion for future shows.
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 27/11/2018

Hi.

Just got back from the Newcastle show and it's blown me away again. Utterly fantastic! and my eyebrows are still intact from the fires and heat ray.

However I have a small suggestion for future shows:

As my seat was Seat 4 on the front row of the arena, I was at the extreme right of the stage and I was straining my neck watching the Liam Neeson hologram at the LEFT of the stage. What I suggest to make it easier for people on the right is to have a second hologram screen/projector on that side also. That way we won't have neck aches at the end.

Just a small suggestion there for the Tech Crew.

Setvenharis
thecharnelhouse.com

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/12/2012 12:10
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/07/2014
Quote: Hi. Just got back from the Newcastle show and it's blown me away again. Utterly fantastic! and my eyebrows are still intact from the fires and heat ray. However I have a small suggestion for future...

Sadly I can't see that happening as the purpose of the on-stage hologram is for the characters to interact with it, on two "screens" they won't be able to do that.

Glad you enjoyed it.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/12/2012 19:37

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 27/11/2018

I was referring to the Head and Shoulders hologram that was on the left side of the stage. The interactive body hologram on the stage where the performers acted with it was fine.

Setvenharis
thecharnelhouse.com

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/12/2012 00:07
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/07/2014
Quote: I was referring to the Head and Shoulders hologram that was on the left side of the stage. The interactive body hologram on the stage where the performers acted with it was fine.

Oh, sorry, that was the position of the original talking head (Richard Burton) and now somewhat superceded by the onstage hologram and the repeats on the screen.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/12/2012 16:35

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

He does have a point- because sometimes I was unaware that Liam was speaking with all the activity- and yes I was also straining my neck too.

A good point brought up- perhaps tWOTW team may take a note of this for the future tour.

all hugs,

Loxley

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 5 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved