Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds - The New Generation   » The New Generation Tour 2012/2013   » It's not the sa...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

It's not the same without Richard!!
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 27/12/2012
Went last night.    I'm very very very sorry to say that it fell a little flat for me without Richard Burton's narration.....(....and missed Justin!!...)
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/12/2012 20:46
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 20/01/2013
Apologies! they really wanted to have Nicholas Cage as the journalist.
But he was unavailable so they had to settle for someone else.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/12/2012 23:35
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
*shudders*

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/12/2012 22:15

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016
Sadly Richard Burton is no longer on this earth and frankly I do not miss Justin Hayward at all. Marti Pellow does a good job on stage and Gary Barlow is excellent on the album. I heard the snippet on the the radio- beautifully sung.

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/12/2012 06:50
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: Sadly Richard Burton is no longer on this earth and frankly I do not miss Justin Hayward at all. Marti Pellow does a good job on stage and Gary Barlow is excellent on the album. I heard the snippet on...

Garbage! you miss Justin, we all too, we absolutely loved him.
And because we love him we must let him go, he deserves a break and a change.

Richard may not be on earth anymore, but if i go to a performance if it ever comes back to Oz, i wanna see that kick ass Hologram of him.
Before the new role was announced i thought of people who could be the journalist and who would match the character in the book (basically Wells) and i got to thinking about Doctor Who actors.
Christopher Eccleston is a bit too North, David Tennant is Typecast and busy with other things.
Matt Smith is well, Matt Smith.

But then i remembered Paul Mcgann, and i recently watched the UK version of I shouldn't be alive a few times on some nights, and his voice, is absolutely english and he sounds like he comes from a different time, he still looks young and he is just very good at saying lines in a poetic fashion.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/12/2012 00:36

Enigma
Supreme Being

"Oh no, Oh no, not me....." 'tis not Garbage that I do not miss Justin Hayward...he was a great singer, of course, but I am enjoying a different artist portraying The Sung Thoughts of The Journalist.

I feel that Jeff has brought in a freshness with The New Generation...my opinion of course.

all hugs,

Loxley xx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/12/2012 01:06
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: "Oh no, Oh no, not me....." 'tis not Garbage that I do not miss Justin Hayward...he was a great singer, of course, but I am enjoying a different artist portraying The Sung Thoughts of The Journalist. ...

Have you heard Patrick Stewart's performance as the Journalist?

And fine you won't admit it but I will,
I like him, but he had to go back to the Blues before they get Moody again.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/12/2012 12:42

Enigma
Supreme Being

Hi Threeleggedmoonman,,

No I have not heard Patrick's version - I am sure that would be interesting too.

Justin's voice was very powerful , I do agree, but I think he's a bit too old for the show, as the Journalist is a bit younger. I am sure the MB are glad to have Justin back with them.

Apparently, Justin has just released a new album...according to my American MB friends.

I will tell you this, Justin has a wonderful speaking voice, did you see him speaking on You Tube last Christmas raisng money for the Catherdral of Canterbury-he did a duet with Ian Anderson from Jethrow
Tull. But there is a bit where Justin is narating something from a book of verses... and his voice is very very good...

Maybe he could come back as the Journalist speaking ???? He does have a very good BBC voice....

Over to you

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 8 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved