Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds - The New Generation   » The New Generation Tour 2012/2013   » The New Generat...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

The New Generation DVD
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 14/01/2013
Does anyone have any links to when and how the recording of the O2 Arena concert will be released? Hopefully not digitally - Blu-Ray would really capture the show well!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/12/2012 10:20

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
It would be great if it got international release - even if it was only on iTunes - then those of us geographically challenged could enjoy it as well.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/12/2012 20:33

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 21/11/2013
I hope too it released internationally.

No one has said much about the New Generation DVD, it was only through Michael Falzon on facebook and Kerry Ellis and Will Stapleton and I think the people involved in the recording on Twitter that we found out and no one has said much else about it, I just really hope it WILL happen.

DVD's can take a while to put together, but luckily unlike a movie it doesn't take years of cutting and editing for a concert, the sound mixing however takes much longer to get right. I think the 2006 DVD was recorded in April 2006 and released November 2006, so about 6 months after the recorded took place, but it could be a long wait, maybe even christmas 2013. I hope though it is not that long :/

I know there were a few technical issues at the O2, which can be easily sorted on the DVD though

Ulla, my pet martian

Ulla decided world domination was a good thing!

And then he caught the flu....the end

December 6th 2012... Wembley Arena, The War Of the Worlds The New Generation, amazing experience
"The tar is not a guitar, it's just a tar but the person that plays it, is the git"- Chris Spedding
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 14:15

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
There is a comment on facebook (can't remember where exactly) saying the DVD will be out in NOV
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 19:36

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 03/05/2013
hm... it's so long until november... :-(

Hopefully they'll finished it earlier

CChris
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 19:44

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

They said they are aiming for November or the quote was "It will be available in November"... which means it could even be later than that

I really hope though, that's not the case and they can release it sooner.
According to someone on the FB page, who spoke to Jeff after one of the shows in Germany, he said they would start work on the DVD when they all returned to the UK "They should be working on it right now" was the quote

So who knows? Maybe it'll take longer because of extras going on to the DVD? Sound editing takes a lot longer than the visual editing for concerts usually I think, since it'll probably be in Surround Sound, and the O2 show had a sound issue with Carrie's hologram which would need editing.

For the 2006 show, it was about 5-6 months from the day it was filmed to the day it was released so, we might get lucky?

Thing is, with releasing it in November it coincides with the Christmas rush and the thinking could be that it would sell more for people expecting to receive it for Christmas, although I'm sure true fans would buy it no matter when it is released

Ulla, my pet martian

December 6th 2012... Wembley Arena, The War Of the Worlds The New Generation, amazing experience
"The tar is not a guitar, it's just a tar but the person that plays it, is the git"- Chris Spedding
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 20:00

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

The Christmas-sell is a point for November.
And yes, Soundediting will take a lot of time - luckily there were just sound issues with Carries hologram...
We have had not hearable actors, because the band was too loud
I think, to fix that would be really hard (also little technical errors with the Fighting machine).

CChris
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 20:09

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Indeed, it'll be a sell point

I think all they need to do with Carrie is add the vocals that SHOULD have been heard out of the front of house sound back into the mix of the DVD which will be easy, Jeff apparently mentioned that the in ear monitor mix sounded fine where as the front of house mix sounded off :/

Luckily, despite what people may have heard out of front out house during the show they were at, for a DVD they can mix and remix the instruments and vocals so the whole thing is balanced but that's why it'll take a lot of time, especially with all the elements of the New Generation show . Notice that in a live show the acoustic drums usually overpower everything else, yet with a DVD, they no longer do so, it's all about balance and of course syncing the visuals with the music can take time too

Were there any technical faults with the Fighting Machine at the London O2 show? I noticed there was at the show in Holland, the Heat Ray didn't strike when it should have ect

Ulla, my pet martian

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 20:56

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

i live in germany and visited the show nurnberg.
if there were difficulties in uk with the tripod, i don't know...

and yes - for a recording, every instrument and vocal has it's own channel, as far as i know, so the remix shouldn't be the problem when you have the timecodes

CChris
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/01/2013 21:02
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
On some performances it did misfire but then again you could claim it wasn't supposed to, the only important ones are the first and the last!

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 17 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved