Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » The Questions & Answers Room   » OYLMPICS 2012 M...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

OYLMPICS 2012 MUSIC
Author

Enigma
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 22/02/2016

A couple of days ago I was watching some fantastic figure skaters on ice who were practicing their moves for  a dance sequence for the forthcoming Olympic Games.

I was listening to their music -and strangely enough it sounded like the opening bars of The Eve of the War'. Was I imagining this?

If I was , it has cetainly has made me realise that TWOTW music would be perfect or ice figure skaters...

Q: Has Jeff been approached to use some of this music for the Games this coming year?

All hugs xxoxx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/03/2012 03:34

Alexischick
Supreme Being

Active: 04/06/2015
Hey Loxley they say like minds think alike i was thinking about this recently that would be so super brillantly amazing and we would be so stoaked if jeff is approached to do the oympics music thumbs up that idea rocks and jeff wayne is a genius his musical contributions to the oylmpics will be excellenta attention london oylmpics people
Artillerygirl (bfc&p)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/03/2012 18:37

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/05/2016
Wishfull (and AWESOME) thinking, the olympics are spectacular already, but they need a hint of Martianess to invade the stadium. I went there on a trip, and we walked along an old drainway for the first flushing toilet, made by a clever, albeit revoltingly named man, Thomas Crapper, and there are some 'Martian' structures, so maybe Jeff was a designer on it. Any official news on the matter, anyone?

*See fighting machine*
*Turn off footy*
*Pick up phone*
''Honey. Should I quit drinking?''
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/03/2012 09:51
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
I doubt jeff would be a designer - he would maybe authorize the use of martian structures.

As for ice-skating you have to skate to music that has no lyrics and is about 3min long. This means that if you edited it the eve of the war is more than possible to ice dance to.

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/07/2012 21:59

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/05/2016
By Martian structures, I do, of course mean, they look as though they were designed by Martians, namely the actual flame pit, it looks like a Martian building, not the structures that appear in the tour, although I didn't quite put that down clearly enough in my last comment

*See fighting machine*
*Turn off footy*
*Pick up phone*
''Honey. Should I quit drinking?''
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/07/2012 21:58

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016
I am still dreaming of that ethereal skate to Forever Autumn.....and of course The Red Weed- a beautiful music piece.

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 6 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved