Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » 2005 Re-Promotion   » WAR OF THE WORL...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

WAR OF THE WORLDS CGI DVD MUSICAL WILL IT BE RELEASED AT ALL
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 29/12/2010
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THEY WILL EVER RELEASE THE TV COMMERCIAL CGI IMAGERY AS A DVD MUSICAL AT ALL IN THE NEAR FUTURE AT ALL.IT WOULD BE EXCELLENT TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE STORY WHILST AT THE SAME TIME BEING ABLE TO LISTEN THE WAR OF THE WORLDS STORY LINE AS WELL.

" THE RED WEED BEGAN TO CREEP LIKE A SLIMY RED ANIMAL,

ACROSS THE LAND IT'S LIVING SCARLET FEELERS - CRAWLING,

CRAWLING "

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/12/2005 22:44
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 11/04/2018
They could release the commercial as part of a dvd extra but I don't know whether you're aware but Jeff Wayne is actually making a feature film of the story.

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/12/2005 19:23

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

As far as I know from what I've been told, there are no plans to release the commercial CGI. There are other clips and shorts that have been created over the years to promote the album but none have been released, probably as they still have value as promotional items. Maybe someday, they could collect them all together and release them... even as extras on the DVD of the movie when that is released (a long time to wait, I know, but better late than never). I'll put it to JWM. You never know...

As Fallingstar said ,btw, there will be a CGI movie version of the story featuring Jeff's music as the score. Whilst details are scant at the moment, it is in production and is due out early 2008. CGI test clips of the Fighting Machines can be seen in the 'Features' section of the site.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/12/2005 20:27
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 31/03/2014
Sigh...2008!!!! :-( I'll be 40!!! I'm looking forward to that year because of the film, then realised how old I'll be on it's release!!!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/12/2005 21:30
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 12/12/2005
I was hoping that Spielberg's WOTW was going to be kinda based on Jeff Waynes version but you know how Hollywood works! I have always wanted to see JW:WOTW made into a Film. CGI would work well but in Live action, who could we have in the cast? David Essex is not quite young enough now to play the Artilleryman and, alas, Richard Burton and Phil Lynnott are no longer with us. How about Hayden Christensen as the Artilleryman, Hugh Grant as the Narrator and Ben Kingsley as Nathanial? It could work ! The problem is, of course, the Humans and their horses bits are all covered in foam!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/12/2005 20:10

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 17/12/2012
i am pretty shure that the gci movie will be released on to DVD, and the advert will most likely end up as on extra on it..2008 though that the thing! could have waited a bit longer to spill the beans!! :-( i will be 21 :-P WHY SO SERIOUS?

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/12/2005 00:51

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

I wouldn't bet on anything just yet.. apart from the fact that the CGI movie will likely make it to DVD.

Rest assured, though, that we Mods here (as fans as much as you are) know what people would like to see, so you can be sure also that those who can make it happen will know. Leave it with us... we will do what we can.

I'll be 40, when the movie comes out, btw! I've waited since I was 11 for this... so a little longer isn't such a problem.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 01/01/2006 13:59

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 20/05/2011
Can't wait for the release in 2008 - I'll be 21... It'll be a great year.

Luperis

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 08/01/2006 02:21

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 17/12/2012

"I'll be 40, when the movie comes out, btw! I've waited since I was 11 for this... so a little longer isn't such a problem."

i've only been a fan since 16 i heard it when i was 8 but it and the artwork scared me LOL! but since i listend to it properly there has been a naging in the back of my brain " dum dum dum....dum dum dum"

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/05/2006 12:46

Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 12/05/2007

Wow, I like the sound of this!! I've always said that this should be made in CGI similar to Final Fantasy, and created along the lines of the artwork portrayed in the album booklet. As a young kid listening to such image provoking dialogue and music, the artwork really gives a sense of realism to the whole piece which I'm sure is felt by all who have been drawn into it's splendor.

Hell, whats age got to do with it? I think the longer they take to make the movie, the better the technology they'll have to utelize. Although, the technology is pretty damn good at the moment, in another couple of years we should be looking at one grand masterpiece!!!

Bring it on! It'll sure kick the ass of Spielbergs attempt!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 3 - 22 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved