Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » 2005 Re-Promotion   » 7 Dics collecto...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

7 Dics collectors edition
Author

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Active: 14/12/2007

I just ordered the 7 disc version on Bol.com. While reading the track listing I noticed that the remixes included are (all?) tracks from the ULLAdubULLA II – The remix album but it has a different order of the tracks.

While snooping through the track listing I was amazed to discover on disk 4 two tracks Lego Toys (Original 1969 TV Commercial) and Forever Autumn (Original 1972 Version). I was amazed to find these alternate tracks from many years before the album's release in 1978. I can't wait to listen to them.

I can't wait until it arrives but was a bit dissapointed the tracks from the original ULLAdubULLA remix album aren't included in this ultimate collection. More so because this album seems to be out of print without any word on a re-release. Any plans on a re-release of this 2CD album in the near future?

======================================
"Men are from Wars Of The Worlds, Women are from Spartacus"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/08/2007 13:29

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

The original UllaDubUlla isn't out of print. You're not the first to say that, but it isn't true. I wonder where people get that from?

Any good music retailer should either have it or be able to get it for you.

Also, not all the remixes from UllaDubUlla II are on the Collector's Edition. The remix album in the CE set has remixes from across the history of the album's various releases.

The CE is amazing as it gives great insight into the making of the original album. It features different and early takes on some of the songs, various takes on the readings of the acting parts and even the musicians engaging in tomfoolery. Fascinating stuff!

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/08/2007 15:05

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

The first album of ULLAdubULLA isn't out of print? YAY. Actually i got that impression because almost every site that sold it states its not available anymore. I might be looking at the wrong sites though. For starters it's missing from the shop on this site

I guess I picked it up from the wikipedia (which is not always correct, I know) "Whilst the original ULLAdubULLA album had a very limited run and has since gone out of print"

I looked at some sites that sell CD's and they don't list that item, or list it and state its not available. I'll continue my search for the album, preferably from a dutch shop.

The 7 disc version sounds great and I can't wait untill it arrives

LOL, the only drawback is I then have the SACD AND Life On Stage double, kindof.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/10/2007 18:17

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 25/11/2007
I wish I had enough money for the CE...

If I had a custom title, it'd have to be either "Forum's biggest Weeaboo", or "Der Grammar Fuhrer", not to offend you British people.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/10/2007 03:54

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
I got it yesterday for NZ$130
It is amazing so far, and I've only listened to discs 4 and 5

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/10/2007 13:19

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 25/07/2009
Quote: The first album of ULLAdubULLA isn't out of print? YAY. Actually i got that impression because almost every site that sold it states its not available anymore. I might be looking at the wrong sites ...

Hey Logan, are you looking for this album?

I saw it for download on the iTunes store online.   I was thinking of buying it.

Edit: Picture sorted?

100 Large silver travel cylinders - 1,000

Heat Ray Weaponry - 100,000

Building parts for fighting machines - 200,000

FAILED INVASION OF ANOTHER PLANET AS YOU FORGOT THE ANTI-BIOTICS - PRICELESS!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/10/2007 14:17

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

An image you have local can not be seen by anyone else.

Anyway, I don't care about iTunes and other downloadable versions anyway. I was only looking for a real physical CD.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/09/2008 12:56
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 03/12/2018
I bought the collectors edition some while ago but have only just got around to giving it a listen. It's fantastic. There's so much on there. Well recommended.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/01/2009 12:03
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 26/09/2009
Yeah. I'm not gonna get the 7 disc album. I recorded it off of one of my old records.
But, it didn't work very well (Cough So I downloaded it off of Frostwire Cough) Seriously though, I downloaded 2 files off of frostwire, and each one was only 70mb, and PERFECT surround sound let me tell you that. Had part 1 & 2 in the first file, and 2 & 4 in the second, a great find. 7 discs is WAY to far. I mean, all that you really wan't is the music! Better buying 1 cd-r (a good one) and then downloading the other tracks. INCLUDING that....remix one (I dunno its name!).
Thanks

-Tom
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/03/2011 11:44
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 20/01/2013
I hope these are still available, might have seen something like it in the Online shop..

it's amazing how much this album can be milked, and yet, it's still worth your money!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 13 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved