Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » 2005 Re-Promotion   » Different lyric...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Different lyrics to Brave New World on collector's ed ...but...
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 20/11/2007
Minor point to some, maybe, but to me it's a big thing!
Has this been mentioned before...on my dear old cassette copy of WOTW (given to me for my 14th birthday on xmas eve 1978) David Essex sings 'with just a handful of men....but in my (equally wonderful) collector's edition he sings
-at track 5 4:52 "GIVE ME A HANDFUL OF MEN...
...and Jeff, the book's wrong too. It's still 'with just a handful of men'...on page 47 of the lovely pack.

Do I get a free backstage pass at a show for spotting this guys, or is all this well-documented?????
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/11/2007 02:33

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

Alas not. You are right though. Well spotted!

The new CD features alternate takes from the original archives... in some cases, this means new vocals.

The new CD was the musical built from scratch, you see. That's why the whole thing sounds 'different' (and those who have heard the older releases... and then this.. will know what I mean here) in places.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/11/2007 11:01

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
Am I the only one who thinks its a little weird that the Artillery man wants to start again with a handful of MEN? Where was he planning to get the children from? Maybe a handful of WOMEN would have been useful too!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/11/2007 11:15

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 16/06/2019
Quote: Am I the only one who thinks its a little weird that the Artillery man wants to start again with a handful of MEN? Where was he planning to get the children from? Maybe a handful of WOMEN would have b...

I suppose it would have got the job done quicker lol!

There are loads of bits you'll notice different on the new version, the whole lot was completely re done for 5.1, my favourite being the way the synths are mixed in The Artilleryman and the Fighting Machine, the lead sounds much more prominent in the mix on the new one.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/11/2007 04:29

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
I love the base line at the opening of that! You can't beat a really good base line!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 5 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved