Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » 2005 Re-Promotion   » Note from Jeff ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Note from Jeff - SA-CD
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 19/02/2007

Jeff was a bit technical there all about 1 cd thing

but hey plp are comlaining

*******~~~Dark angel eyes~~~*******
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/04/2007 21:26

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 02/03/2013
Just finished re-wiring my stereo to learn about the latest technologies. I always use TWOTW as a measure since days of Lenco Turtable debating Shure M91 versus Stanton 681EE using the Half Speed Master.
Then auto cassette deck Kenwood Technics, or TEAC with Dolby.
Then CD players.

Now have Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi with CV-588A 7.1 (only 5.1 connected) into BOSE AM-16 (12 speaker with Super Acustomass). Mainly for name and jaw dropping.

It works to a Tee...

----------------------------------

Cool Games Network 2007

A message to Parents...

Youth begins with a whY and includes YOU !

Introducing Hubba's Club House !

Where future engineers begin designing and testing

electric cars, trains and robots.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 29/08/2007 23:26

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 14/12/2007

The thing I have been wondering the most is that this format was introduced in 2000, and yet, seven years later it seems the format isn't accepted by the broad public. I was under the impression that this format was brand new, just released technology.

I think it's a very novel idea to have a hybrid format that can be played on conventional CD players as well. Jeff Wayne's musical version of the War of the Worlds will surely help establish the SACD a bit more, but as will all media formats it stands or falls with the available media.

SACD I think has a better change in being the next-gen audio format because DVDA has been partly abandoned in favor of music video DVD's. DVDA felt like taking an av format, and making players that only stripped the video part and call it a music format. SACD is a genuine try to make an audio format in my opinion. Only a shame that the format cant be played on a PC using a compatible player with software. (I only have 5.1 (7.1 actually) abilities on my PC and buying a complete new stereo equipment including speakers, etc, is something I just not be able to. (Maybe I spend to much on buying DVD's and Jeff Wayne's Musical version of WotW

But I think the real disadvantage of the SACD format is the refusal to publish (maybe inferior) DVD-Audio (or Plain DVD) versions of the album. Even movies that were published on Betamax were also released on VHS, to make an comparison.

I still have hopes on listening to a 5.1 (or hey, a 7.1 version one day. For now listening to the Live On Stage DVD will have to do. And soon the Animation version of the album, which will be like having an 'extended' version of War of the Worlds with moving pictures will come and then we all can enjoy a 5.1 studio version of the album. Eagerly awaiting this version.

Although I don't think I will be able to enjoy the original WotW in splendid 5.1 through SACD, I'm sure its superior to everything that came before. I only would like to beg Sony to consider an release for other formats. I'm sure it will sell.

======================================
"Men are from Wars Of The Worlds, Women are from Spartacus"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/08/2007 00:28

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 22/10/2019
Quote: The thing I have been wondering the most is that this format was introduced in 2000, and yet, seven years later it seems the format isn't accepted by the broad public. I was under the impression that ...

The SACD format has been deleted by Sony BMG (a bit like Betamax).
TWOTW Team

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 31/08/2007 08:32

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Do you mean Sony decided to discontinue the SACD format? Would be a pitty though as it's the only real successor of the good old audio CD at this time (and can be played by us all using a traditional CD player. Lets hope they continue to support it AND release albums for DVDA as well

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/12/2007 17:10
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 04/08/2009

So the with the SA-CD being dropped by sony wonder what we going to get for the 30th Ann' which is next year?

HD/blu-Ray DVD?

5.1 sound on CD (if its at all possble?)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/12/2007 20:39

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

@hellscaretaker: 5.1 sound on CD is not possible unless you count SACD as CD. Maybe as Dolbi Surround encoded CD, but that I also cannot play...

@Sony & JW: Please make WOTW available on DVD Audio or DVD Video please. I'm really want to listen to the music in 5.1. but I realy don't have the money to buy a SACD for the only SACD (WOTW) I have.

the technology is there, the hype is (still?) there. The audience with a DVD player is much, much broader than the few people with a SACD (I don't know anyone with a SACD and never seen players it in shops either.)

Don't forget about the rest of us!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 08/06/2009 09:35

Active: 13/11/2009
Quote: @ hellscaretaker : hellscaretaker  |  5.1 sound on CD is not possible unless you count SACD as CD. Maybe as Dolbi Surround encoded CD, but that I also cannot play... @Sony & JW: Ple...

Bump

@Sony & JW: Please make WOTW available on DVD Audio or DVD Video please. I'm really want to listen to the music in 5.1. but I realy don't have the money to buy a SACD for the only SACD (WOTW) I have.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/06/2009 15:47

Active: 17/06/2009
SACD is nice. I'm hoping for soon.

Amo La Camera Del Vino: È Il La cosa migliore!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/06/2009 16:06
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 19/12/2012
The recent David Gilmour box set also included a copy of the album (On An Island) in DTS 5.1 - this could be an option for a future release of the 30th Anniversary tour....
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 4 of 5 - 41 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved