Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » 2005 Re-Promotion   » Please release ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Please release an updated DVD of the concerts in 2009/2010!
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 28/07/2009
The outstanding changes to the 2009 concerts (such as the illusion in the spirit of man, many stage explosions, Martian smoke jets, falling leaves in forever autumn and the Richard Burtan hologram) are the foundations which TWOTWS fans would love to see in a new updated DVD edition of the concert, representing the latest changes. We understand the costs involved with having Universal bring the 2006 concert UK arena tour to DVD, but an updated version with the new outstanding changes will provide another outstanding purchase from the TWOTWS fans.

The fans will buy another DVD, so please consider the thought of possibly getting universal on board again!

All who support this idea please leave a comment!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/07/2009 00:41

Active: 08/06/2010
i totally agree, it would be great to see the changes in a new dvd, i had an email from one of the team to say there are no plans at the moment to make one which is a great shame as you say we`ll all go out and buy it, at whatever cost!!!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/04/2011 10:19
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 20/01/2013
Luckily they archive all their performances, for various reasons.
It will probably be their last Live performance that will be on DVD, the 2010 was really impressive too, probably their last when they finish the tour, because no doubt they would make it their finest show ever, obviously i don't think Jeff wants to continue doing live performances with no real planned retirement (or does he?) but all the same when it does end, it means that the CGI film hopefully will be put into proper production.

going off the original topic here.
i suppose a good question for another time is, will there be a passing of the Torch to other musicians and somebody else conducting the musical in the future?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/04/2011 11:39
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
If it was passed on i dont think it would be as spectacular, jeff seems to have alot of fun and adds a certain quality to the performance that i dont think could be added by anyone eles.

Back on topic: I would deffinatly buy another DVD just to show off to my mates (i tell them alot about how good the show is and need stuff to back me up )

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 4 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved