Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » 2005 Re-Promotion   » Ltd Ed Double A...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Ltd Ed Double Album Vinyl Release For Nov 21st
Author

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

I heard from Sony.

I'm afraid there's been another (unspecified) delay, so this won't be out this month.

Sorry I can't tell you more at the moment but we'll keep you posted.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/04/2006 20:23

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 25/06/2017

hey ho what can you do..lol

thanks for takin the time to speak to sony...i'll keep pestering my record, sorry CD store.

It's Always Raining In My Head

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 04/11/2006 00:37

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/11/2011
Nerf, is there any more news on this?  It's a shame that almost a year has passed now and there has been nothing.  Obviously Sony are more bothered about getting their PS3 out

...and slowly and surely, they drew their plans against us

-BWFUK-

The world's number 1 WOTW fan

www.eveofthewar.com

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 04/11/2006 11:36

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 14/12/2011

There's a huge differance between Sony Electronics and Sony/BMG music.

But yes, a fair point, a year has no passed and no sign of the album. Due to the length of time and that 2 good oppourtunities have passed (2006 live and dvd release), usually when an album release is pushed back for over a year, things are not looking too good.

I remember saying a year ago, was there a point in releasing a vynal album due to advancing technology in the way we listen to music. 

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/11/2006 19:06

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 24/11/2013

The point in releasing the vinyl is obviously for one reason only....the fans. It goes without saying that Jeff Wayne's WOTW collectables have become a bit of a phenomonan of late and the vinyl release will be no exception.

Of course some people will argue that vinyl will be restricted as far as the quality of sound goes compared to CD. Fair enough, but that's if you only wish it to be in 5.1 surround sound. I personally prefer vinyl cos it has so much more balls than CD.

The thought of a remastered vinyl is very......well i'm dribbling already.. So I say Yes, there is a valid point in the release of a vinyl.

But what I really like about vinyl is the overall look and feel of the format. When you pick up an LP you know that you are getting alot more for your money. The album cover and booklet with all those superb paintings seems to come alive. They are so much bigger you don't have to have a magnifying glass to appreciate them.

I just hope and pray the release on vinyl is still going ahead. I for one will getting a copy.

Bows and Arrows

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/11/2006 21:12

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 14/12/2011

I cannot see how selling to the fans can justify the cost of the album transfer

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/11/2006 12:46

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 24/11/2013

I don't really think that Jeff Wayne would be bothered about cashing in on such a venture. Considering that he isn't going to be making a fortune on a 5000 limited edition run any way.

Of course it takes money to do this sort of thing, but if it wasn't viable i'm sure the idea wouldn't have come about in the first place. My guess is that he has made just as much if not more money now with the re-promotion and the live tour than he did the first time around with the WOTW. Not forgetting the CGI in the pipeline.

Don't forget the original master tape has already been re-mastered in 2005 for the re-promotion, so it's already there for the vinyl transfer. Of course I don't think that the vinyl will be in 5.1. surround sound though. To be honest, i'm not expecting that. The process and technology to do that would be a bit mind numbing to achieve to say the least. That's not what i'm saying. All I would want from it is a remasterd vinyl in stereo just as if you were playing the 2005 version on a standard CD player, just to hear it up to date on vinyl. And i would be very much in favour of it.

Let's keep pressing for it I say and maybe the idea will be swimming around inside Jeff's head a little while longer. Maybe the topic will come up in the live chat tonight.

Thanks for your reply HC. 

Bows and Arrows

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/09/2008 23:05

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

And what happened in the end ?

No release ?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 18/09/2008 01:31

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

Afraid not.

Perhaps it may be re-visited in the future.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/09/2008 12:48

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

What is the reason for it being delayed/cancelled ?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 3 - 22 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved