Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » CGI Animated Feature Film   » the war of the ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

the war of the worlds 2
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Group: Forum Members
Active: 24/07/2017
to be honest my head would love to see a sequal to jeff's war of the worlds but my heart says no.

the reason my heart says no is because i loved star wars the original 3 was right up there with the best of them.
the they did the prequals and frankly it buggered up the whole star wars experience.

i dont want this to suffer the same fate.

now if tom cruise wants to do another one let him crack on cos it cant be as bad as the first one.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/10/2009 10:09
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 11/10/2009
there has already been a war of the worlds 2 made by the company The Asylum. It was a straight to dvd films. it was not a sequel to the tom cruse films but they made a war of the worlds film it was called h.g wells war of the worlds and its alternate title was invasion.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/10/2009 21:20
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/05/2011

For gods sake!  There hasn't even been a first one yet and people are talking about wanting a sequel.   The mind boggles!

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/03/2011 11:57
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 20/01/2013
War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave
is no doubt the worst mishandling of Wells story ever, i only advise people to watch it to know how NOT to make a movie.

But that said, a proper sequal for War of the Worlds story....

I personally think it should be something with something to say as Wells original book did back in the 1890's probably something involving maybe obliteration of the earth like a complete collapse of civilisation, but the ending involves the Martians and Humans having to put aside their hatred in order to work for a future on earth and to slowly rebuild the civilisation that was destroyed that the Humans had, and the Martians finding a place to live on Earth in peace with it's inhabitants, kind of a Gene Roddenberry sort of thing, but i know that Wells would probably find an idea like that appealing.

After all, the original Novel was witty, it's not a strong adaption if said adaption only cares about and focuses on the war explosions and violence, the Martians in H.G Wells Novel are not those of 50's B-grade movies.
They invaded Earth out of desperation after all efforts to remain on Mars failed, they did not express any real hatred for humans, only frustration at being hindered, but a plot involving the gulf between the Martians and the Humans would be something that i think would be necessary for any possible sequel.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 3 - 24 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved