Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » CGI Animated Feature Film   » So where's the ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

So where's the CGI movie ???????
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 06/07/2009

It's been a couple years since I checked out the WOW site ... Watched the videos of the tour...  So where's the movie .. is it out ... where can I get it ????

Also wondering if there's a full lenght video of the 2007 concert tour ?????

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 01/10/2008 19:21

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

No on both counts, I'm afraid.

The movie is still in planning and development and the 2007 Tour was not filmed.

The DVD of the 2006 Tour is still available.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/04/2009 21:04

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 24/08/2009
I've been hearing about this movie for a long time. I hope its still coming I cant wait.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/05/2009 06:42
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 31/03/2014

Totally! It's been ages since I popped onto the site (Nice look by the way!), and sad to see there's no news on the movie to what I saw ages ago. I do hope it's still all systems go, it seems to be like the sequel to Silent Hill- Officially on, but no news, at all, for years!

It runs the risk of being put into the 'Duke Nukem Forever' game development hell!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/05/2009 08:09

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 16/05/2017
Welcome Back, Kiwimike.
The film's been put on the back burner for the moment while the show is touring, after all, there's only one Jeff!
As usual, the news will be here first, so keep an eye out.

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/05/2009 00:03
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/05/2011
Quote: Welcome Back, Kiwimike.The film's been put on the back burner for the moment while the show is touring, after all, there's only one Jeff!As usual, the news will be here first, so keep an eye out.

I think this film's permanently on the back burner and we've been hearing the same thing for years now.   I'm afraid I don't believe it any more and I'm beginning to wonder if we've all been led up the garden path about this.   If they haven't got the money to do it justice then I think they should just come out and say it - after all, this was advertised years ago as being a $40 million plus film wasn't it?  Where'd that disappear too?

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/05/2009 10:09
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 26/05/2010

What I would say...

http://www.youtube.com/user/compressedfilms

Does this provide an ample stop gap?  Some of the GFX are a little average/Video game cut scene-esque, but it's compelling and the guy definately is a storyteller at heart.

True it's updated to the modern era, but in some ways it's better for it and it's certainly more atmospheric than the Tom Cruise affair.....

J

x

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/05/2009 14:29

Active: 30/11/2011

I enjoyed that!!!!

Funnily ironic using HMS Daring as the 'Thunderchild' The martians woudn't have been able to get anywhere near the ship, let alone inflict any damage whatsoever!! If the artilliary men could cut a tripod down with a cannon then Daring would be able to Destroy any number of them within 25 miles with complete accuracy using the 4.5 gun alone and don't forget PAAMS can take out a cricket ball travelling at mach 3 at long range - huge Tripod bumbling alone = NO problem!!!

Best the Martians have progressed as fast as we have over that last hundred years or so, otherwise we're gonna kick their ass next time, Lure em all to Horsell common then nuke the buggers!!!!

Good film that, nice to see the music brought to life, my compliments to the flim maker.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/05/2009 19:16

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
Hasn't that already been posted on here before?

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/05/2009 13:06
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 26/05/2010
Quote: Hasn't that already been posted on here before?

Sorry, it might have been up on here before.

I've been a bit Wotw deprived recently and I found that link the other day so was excitedly sharing it! 

x

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 20 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved