Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » CGI Animated Feature Film   » So where's the ...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

So where's the CGI movie ???????
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 17/06/2009
Hope it brings true soon.

Amo La Camera Del Vino: È Il La cosa migliore!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/08/2009 21:14
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/05/2011

Just heard some more news.........Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds a $60 million dollar film [ previously $48 million slated for 2005, then 2007 ] an exciting cgi version of HG Wells book is in pre-production and is now scheduled for release in 2040.  See this amazing film at a cinema near you soon.   See HG Wells book brought to life as never before in cgi motion capture with catering provided by Hines Hot Tea & Biscuits associates.   Distributed by NEVERTOBE films and Invisible Pictures limited. 

Does anything get more exciting than this?

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19/11/2009 17:07
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 19/04/2011
2040 ¿??¿?? XD
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 06/12/2009 09:49
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 31/03/2014
Lol, haven't been on for ages so thought I would stop in and see if there was any news on the movie...guess not then. Lost in development hell like the Duke Nukem game then?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 06/12/2009 21:07

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 31/03/2010
I know I posted this in the fan section too

but not all hope is lost

http://mgctwotw.blogspot.com/

I'll make no grandiose claims, or predictions only that it IS being done
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/12/2009 22:39
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/05/2011
Quote: I know I posted this in the fan section toobut not all hope is losthttp://mgctwotw.blogspot.com/I'll make no grandiose claims, or predictions only that it IS being done

Hmm.......not sure about a Manga War of the Worlds.

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/12/2009 23:08
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 15/12/2009
Quote: Welcome Back, Kiwimike.The film's been put on the back burner for the moment while the show is touring, after all, there's only one Jeff!As usual, the news will be here first, so keep an eye out.

I think that a live action movie should be made, can you imagine the special effects and the original music as the score it would fantastic, and the best part would be Patrick Stewart, (of X-Men fame), to play the Richard Burton role, he has the same type sounding voice.

The Jeff Wayne version of TWOTW really should be made into the next blockbuster movie, there would be so many good choices of actors to play the characters, I think it would be superb.

Would be good to hear thoughts on this.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/12/2009 00:19

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 31/03/2010
Quote: Hmm.......not sure about a Manga War of the Worlds.

Who said it was going to be manga? That's just my company name heh heh

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/01/2010 20:51
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/09/2016
HI ALL

Never thought I would be writing this.....but I am losing faith about this CGI movie. Well, it might appear at some point....and then it might not. Look, I love Jeff's work as anyone else but you have to admit we have heard so much about this film and it's still a no-show.

Sadly I will not be at the 2010 concert this year as I have other commitments I can't get out of.

I just want to ask one question here....
"WHERE'S THE MOVIE, JEFF - HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?????"
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/01/2010 22:08

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/02/2014

Maybe it is something they are working on very quietly but we do have to remeber that he does have a company to run and also all these tours to organise and rehersals and all that!

fingers crossed it will happen,

Mummy to 3 :-)

burdened with CFS/ME though WOTW helps me to get through it :-)
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 2 - 20 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved