Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » CGI Animated Feature Film   » Question  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Question
Author
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 21/01/2016
If the film is going to stay true to the book with they include the brothers story as well? Im wondering this as it would be hard to follow in a film unless done exactly right.

Also is there any news from the WOTW camp about the film or is it still on hold?

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/02/2011 23:34
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/05/2011
Quote: If the film is going to stay true to the book with they include the brothers story as well? Im wondering this as it would be hard to follow in a film unless done exactly right.Also is there any news f...

No news that I've seen.   I don't know why this CGI film section's even on the site any more.  Fairly obvious it's not going to happen and it's 2011 now.  We were talking about this film in 2004/5.  Pathetic!

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 01/03/2011 23:00

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

MAYBE IDEAS HAVE MOVED ON?

To be honest , I do not remember such ideas promised from 2004... but all I can imagine is that Jeff and Co have put their energies into touring a 'Alive on Stage'...

For those of us who have seen the concerts... I think Jeff and Co have done us justice...Just my feelin'

Loxley xxox

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 06/03/2011 23:30
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: MAYBE IDEAS HAVE MOVED ON? To be honest , I do not remember such ideas promised from 2004... but all I can imagine is that Jeff and Co have put their energies into touring a 'Alive on Stage'... For ...

It was quite well advertised that Jeff Wayne was supposed to be doing a '$48 million' film around 2004.

The stage shows might be good but they ain't a substitute for a film.

A kids book 'Harry Potter' has been treated with much more respect by film makers so far - than the novels of genius H.G.Wells. In particular The War of the Worlds
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 10/03/2011 21:16
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

And if Jeff Wayne isn't going to do a film then I say stop holding the WOTWorld's world to ransome [ along with Paramount ] and leave someone else do a decent film version.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 11/03/2011 10:26

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 23/05/2017
Quote: And if Jeff Wayne isn't going to do a film then I say stop holding the WOTWorld's world to ransome [ along with Paramount ] and leave someone else do a decent film version.

FALLINGSTAR - that's quite an accusation.
Who is Jeff holding to ransom?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/03/2011 13:10

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

FALLINGSTAR,

I feel really sad for you writing such non sense.

Two things you have to remember- it was actually Jeff's concept to bring the book onto the stage and in many ways creating a brilliantly vibrant show that people will remember for as long as they live.

Secondly it is his artistic right to change his mind if he wants to. There is a film created in the 1950's which was clever for its time and then you have the more modern one by Stephen Speilberg. But NON of them are of the English story version -i.e H.G.Wells set in Victorian England.

I beleive IF AND WHEN Jeff decides to do a film version, it will be more in keeping with the book as intended and not as with previous films and we have to wait until he is good and ready . I have to say I do not like your tone -it doesn't reflect the voice of a fan to say the least.

Loxley

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/03/2011 18:50

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 28/09/2016
Here here, I quite agree loxley. Us fans have more respect. Heres hoping jeff buts on another show in 2012 / 2013.
---------------------------------------------------
Appledirect.net - Supports Jeff Waynes - War of the Worlds
Appledirect.net - Mac New and Resource site
Web: http://www.appledirect.net

----
Chat:
----
MSN : appledirectcs@live.com
Aim/iChat : appledirectcs
Yahoo : macpro_user

please ask in chat before starting any cam chat thanks!!!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/03/2011 23:31
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: FALLINGSTAR - that's quite an accusation.Who is Jeff holding to ransom?

Well Jeff Wayne and Paramount are the ones with most of the rights aren't they?   Wasn't there some agreement between them before Spielberg's film came out as they had to agree on certain rights? 

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 14/03/2011 23:43
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: FALLINGSTAR, I feel really sad for you writing such non sense. Two things you have to remember- it was actually Jeff's concept to bring the book onto the stage and in many ways creating a brilliantl...

Loxley I feel sad for you talking such nonsense and if you don't like my tone then that's your problem not mine. 

If I'm not a fan then how come I've posted on the old WOTW online and on Evilnerfherders ScifiShock for years saying I'd like to see a book accurate film done properly?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 13 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved