Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » CGI Animated Feature Film   » Any news?  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Any news?
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 10/01/2014
Hi all,

Just wondering if anything has happened in regard to the film, if any progress has been made lately? Or has the project been dropped?

"Right, now I've packed everything I need. Jumpers, trousers, spare socks, my copy of "Invasions for Dummies" and my tool-kit should the humans damge my machine. I just can't seem to remember where I put my medication...Ah well. I'll live without it!"

Oh really now...

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/09/2011 17:02

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Active: 23/05/2017
Quote: Hi all,Just wondering if anything has happened in regard to the film, if any progress has been made lately? Or has the project been dropped?

Hi there
It is still in development. It was moved aside for the Arena Tours, but meetings are happening on the Film next month.
Keep an eye on our website for news of all projects, as they develop..
TWOTW Team

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/11/2011 02:57
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 31/03/2014

Was just wondering about this when I received the Countdown email...and was hoping it was this!

In any case, must remember to pop in more often for updates.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/12/2012 21:54

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

I really can't see the movie happening anymore.

Jeff Wayne should have carried on with the movie instead of producing the "New Generation" album. He could have easily found the same cast for the movie as he did for the new album and bring out the soundtrack in a similar fashion as the original. Bus still leaving the original on it's deserved pedistal.

Instead he made the mistake and blurred the original into the dark abyss of boring remixes for everyone to directly compare to the original. And maybe even mistake it with it, in the future.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/12/2012 02:42
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 13/12/2013
The film IS happening. Jeff says it himself in the Q&A video. The New Generation CGI is the new basis for the film.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/12/2012 16:18

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

He said that 7 years ago too.

I don't believe it.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/12/2012 20:50
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

I guess we wait and see, can't do anything else. Like the cylinders in the Common, life goes on...

It will either happen or it won't, I agree this should be the next absolute focus as it is becoming a vapourware kind of thing. A saga of Duke Nukem Forever proportions!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/12/2012 04:50
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 20/10/2014
Unfortunately I don't see it happening now either which is a shame because Jeff really does seem to want as many people as possible to hear his musical masterpiece and lets be honest TV is the biggest and most popular of all the media outlets (far outstripping radio/theatre/CD's etc) and would guarantee his biggest audience ever especially if one of the terrestrial channels made it one of their Christmas highlights once it hit the small screen.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/12/2012 09:51

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
It would be great if there was a cinematic release of the dvd like they did with
Jesus Christ Super Star
Company
Phantom of the Opera at the Albert Hall....
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 28/12/2012 04:48
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Quote: Unfortunately I don't see it happening now either which is a shame because Jeff really does seem to want as many people as possible to hear his musical masterpiece and lets be honest TV is the biggest...

Totally agree, and tbh would it really be all that difficult in this day and age to put together a CGI film to run against the soundtrack? Really? Animated movies, from the mega popular Pixar style, to the likes of the Final Fantasy/Resident Evil ones are so common now. There are so many great digital animators and artists to call on nowadays

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 10 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved