Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » CGI Animated Feature Film   » liam in the new...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

liam in the new movie??
Author

Group: Forum Members
Active: 31/03/2015
I didnt see the press conference so dont know if this isue was mentioned but....
I wonder now liam is the new voice of the journalist if this will impact the new movie. Of course he will be able to add alot more dialogue to the character. Or will his high profile as a hollywood actor mean he wouldnt do it?
This news opens all kinds of possibilities with funding for the movie. Maybee if liam was involved with the project the budget for the feature may increase. More money means better CG, (awesome as it is aleady.) or dare I say it....LIVE ACTION?????
lepter life is what you make it
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 18/11/2011 21:24

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

Hey,

We are told that the Press Conference will be uploaded on Facebook once it is encoded...do look out for it so you can see a little snippet of Liam... it will be fab..

all hugs xx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 18/11/2011 21:47

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 14/12/2011

I do not want to sound as if I'm knocking Liam, I'm not. He's a fine actor and I have enjoyed many of his movies, but for the role in TWoTW in movie form he doesn't match up. The narrator is younger, in his mid 30s. Liam doesn't fit that age gap.

However, Liam has shown he can easily do action films, just look at 'A-Team'.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 18/11/2011 22:15
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 31/03/2014

I'm a huge Neeson fan and was thrilled he's been named as the journalist. I'd be more than happy if he's involved in the film. If it's animated, no problem anyway. If it did make the leap to live action, I still have confidence in the talent of Liam to pull it off brilliantly, despite being a little older than ideal.

I'm still much preferring the idea of CGI movie though, to live action. That may sound a little strange, but latest movies like Tintin show how good animation can be, and there's so many live action movies around it's a point of difference for it. I know there are many CGI movies around nowadays too...but I guess I just like animated movies, and if done well and absorb you they're just as good as live action. And in many ways, better. Sometimes live movies, when flicking between live action and the CGI spfx, the FX stand out and distract.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/11/2011 00:00
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 24/02/2012
After seeing the Promo with Nerfy on the friday and seeing Liam in the flesh as well as the Hologram I feel Liam is the perfect choice for the narrator.

Its one of those little changes that i feel they can overlook!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/11/2011 09:28

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/04/2014
Quote: After seeing the Promo with Nerfy on the friday and seeing Liam in the flesh as well as the Hologram I feel Liam is the perfect choice for the narrator. Its one of those little changes that i feel the...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK5TXwOThEA

Someone's recording of the promo, and I think, after being sceptical for 2 days that Liam fits it perfectly, his voice, his appearence. Dead on. Looking forward to it!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/11/2011 17:53
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
Brilliant find nike - I was sceptical bout the remix/update but through that video i was impressed ALSO NEW ANIMATION!

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20/11/2011 19:32

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016
ABSOLUTELY! 

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/11/2011 00:28

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/05/2016
I also was skeptical:
after hearing he would be in it, I instantly thought his voice would overdub Richards, and that it would lose its originality. But seeing it as a new thing entirely relieved me greatly! Can't wait!

*See fighting machine*
*Turn off footy*
*Pick up phone*
''Honey. Should I quit drinking?''
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/11/2011 14:44
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 24/02/2012
If they do an animated CG movie i hope they do motion capture like Lord of the Rings and Avatar for Liam and the other actors.

As with many people on this site after seeing films like Sherlock Holmes and League of Extrodinary Gentlemen i realised that they could do a CG movie of WOTW.

(Ironically the LOEG sequal if it were made would have pitted the league against the Martians!)
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 10 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved