Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Memories   » memorys of when...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

memorys of when you first heard war of the worlds
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Group: Forum Members
Active: 12/03/2009

My first introduction to the war of the worlds was slightly different. My mum and dad have always been moody blues fans and i can remember my dad listening to an ablum which had forever autumn on it and I loved. When I was eventually introduced to the war of the world I became addicted almost instantly and have been for the last decade.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/05/2008 08:32

Tardis Pilot
Supreme Being

Active: 13/01/2015
wow lots of good memories i seem to have created a popular topic

2xr :

"a thing that looks like a Police box standing in a Junkyard it can travel anywere in time and space."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/06/2008 16:25

Active: 31/07/2008

We used to wag school, every other Wednesday in 1978/79, and spend the day with an older mate who worked in the local Co-op (had every other Wednesday off).

He used to play it constantly

A few years later I saved up my paper round money and bought a copy of the Double LP with the booklet included, and I even paid an extra 25 pence for a clear cover to protect it

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/06/2008 11:15

Tardis Pilot
Supreme Being

just found a whole box of lps for a pound in a charity shop and low and behold 2 copys of the war of the worlds now who in there right mind would put something like that in a charity shop.

2xr :

"a thing that looks like a Police box standing in a Junkyard it can travel anywere in time and space."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/06/2008 13:37

Martian Investigator
Supreme Being

Active: 26/11/2011
i know 2xr,they would have to be totally loooopy,the other month i found the original double cassette on e-bay for 99p,i just had to get it as the first time i heard war of the worlds it was the tape versionhalt,who goes there
nicki042
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 24/06/2008 20:54

Tardis Pilot
Supreme Being

I am slowly geting a lot of stuff togetethe war of the worlds wise i have the book. the new 2 disk album the latests ululbula remix album, 3 copys of the origanal lp 2 of which are from the charity shop one was my origanal i got a few years ago, my war of the worlds t shirt and my live tour dvd what else do you think i need.

2xr :

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/06/2008 05:03

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 07/02/2018
The CE? I have the tour DVD, the NZ Tour program, the LP, the Sheetmusic, the CE, the original CD and tape.

Brendan Agnew: TWOTW Site Admin and overall Nutter

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/06/2008 08:35

Tardis Pilot
Supreme Being

the CE is something i would like to know more about

2xr :

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/06/2008 09:33

Martian Investigator
Supreme Being

Active: 26/11/2011

hi 2xr

you could get the 7 disc box set,i noticed they had it on amazon for £36.00,then there is the double cassette and also the Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds highlights cd

halt,who goes there
nicki042
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26/06/2008 02:10

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

Oh, as a fan I have to say that the CE (Collector's Edition) is ESSENTIAL for real fans of the album.

It has outtakes from the spoken parts (Richard Burton, etc), loads of different versions of songs from the album (and one song that was cut from the album!!), a full CD of remixes from down the years... from the 70's to the present day, and all sorts of other great rarities from Jeff's archives. It has beautiful artwork and is really well put together. It's a real fan's treasury. Hours of pleasure. Really.

Just hearing Richard Burton and Phil Lynott doing various takes from their parts is almost worth it alone.It has a rare insight... and sense of humour... that you don't find often in albums of this type. It's a real celebration of a work that has endured. And endured. Can't say fairer than that, IMO. 

It's presented in a beautiful 12'' (the old vinyl LP sized... like the last Tour program, actually) 'book' with lots of glossy imagery and stuff.

The price you can pick it up for now, it's a bargain (I paid WAY more for mine a couple of years back... and that was on a good discount!).

If you can afford it and you are a real diehard fan of JWMVoTWoTW, I'd say go for it!

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 3 of 7 - 64 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved