Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Memories   » memorys of when...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

memorys of when you first heard war of the worlds
Author

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Active: 19/09/2011
I just watched Steve's War of the Words and the next day I went on you tube and searched war of the worlds
and I stumbled upon Jeff Waynes version and LOVED it!Last year for chirstmas I got the CD of it.My dad probly regrets buying it coz I play it ALL the time.DA DA DA dalala dalala da da da DALALA DALALA!!!!

Wich seat should I take?

Martion:-_- ulla.

zap.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 27/04/2012 13:52

Active: 02/05/2012
1978, eve of the war was in the charts and i loved that song. I was born in april 1971 so i was just a 7 Y/o boy. Asked my parents to buy the record and they did.. They were going to buy it anyway. So from listening to the musical jesus christ superstar i went to WOTW. I really didn't understand a word (i speak Dutch ) but a dutch radiostation "Radio Veronica" translated it also in 78 so now it was even better to listen to for me as a little boy. Brave new world and spirit of man have been my all time favorites but i listened to the whole LP anyway, start to finish.. the way it was made! Horsell common also rocks.. when suddenly.. the lid fell off.. wow

Rock on! Still love it
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/08/2012 08:47

Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Active: 03/05/2013
oh - i can't remember, exactly, when i have first heard twotw - But it had to be in my early childhood.

My father had bought the vinyl and I must have loved it because I wanted to hear it again - of course, i did not understand anything - as a little german boy from an age of maybe 4-6 years, english is no language that i could understand - so my mum have translated it for me.
with this album i learned to use a vinyl-player

after that, i have had nightmares of green eyes, looking through my windows and tripods wandering through our neighborhood.

but i wanted to hear it again and again.

So, in the middle of the 90's i was on the search for the CD version of it, because i thought, it must be available on CD.
I should get for your birthday my first CD player and wanted twotw listening on it.
But i couldn't find anything in Germany... and also in other countries, when i was on vacation i have searched every CD stand for it.

My Grandparents broght the CD from england for me... that's my journey through twotw.

CChris
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 17/08/2012 09:49
Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/01/2016
I think the first time I heard it it was in a car - I was so scared of the ULAAA I banned my parents from playing it around me. I eventually got over it of course

--------------------------------------------------------

see tripods - check
run from tripods - check
see tripods dying - check
boast about taking 20 out with nothing but a cough - awaiting compleation
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 7 of 7 - 64 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved