Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Memories   » TWOTW music hel...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

TWOTW music help - damsel in distress!
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 20/06/2009
One night, a few years ago, whilst flicking through the TV Channels, my boyfriend and I stumbled across a program about the Orson Welles radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds and the surrounding panic it caused. Initially, I was totally freaked out by how much Orson Welles looked and sounded like Raymond Burr and was expecting the Perry Mason theme tune to strike up at any moment, but after getting over that, I was quite taken by it all.

Being totally uncultured about such things, I found it very entertaining and my boyfriend mentioned that there was also a musical version of the War of the Worlds. I ordered it on t'internet and when it arrived, we listened to it in the dark (for atmosphere) and I loved it. My boyfriend remembered it from his childhood but I had never heard it before. The War of the Worlds (the musical version) has become our thing (the first DVD I bought him was of the live stage show) and we will be going to see it live together for the first time this coming Friday, having missed the tour a couple of years ago - super excited as we have great seats, centre stage!

Anyway, the reason for this post.. At the end of this month, me and my, now fiance, are getting married and I would love to walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of Forever Autumn - some people might think that's really sad but it'd be poignant for the two of us - but I can't find one anywhere!

Does anyone know if one exists? Plan b is a Sinatra song but Forever Autumn would be the icing on the cake.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16/06/2009 20:37

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
Can't help with the instrumental - though without Googling exhaustively I couldn't say for certain 'yes/no' - but could you get someone to maybe play it for you? Still 'instrumental' etc ...

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 18/06/2009 13:50

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 01/01/2017
I have a Karaoke Version of the song from iTunes, but it`s not the original without vocals, it is a new version which sounds like the original. And the "now you not here" is heard by a singer because also in the original there are background singers.

This member is offline.
Posted 18/06/2009 16:49

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
Just in case you are able to get someone to play it for you ... this is the 'arrangement (not original)' available as digital sheet music here:

http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0072679&redir=yes

I'd imagine you'd need to burn any Itunes track to CD, then arrange with whichever church to run it through their sound system (if they have one).

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 4 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved