Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Memories   » SUNDAY 28TH BRI...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

SUNDAY 28TH BRIGHTON
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 02/07/2009
Having bought the vinyl when it came out,as a 20 year old,guitar playing and general music lover,and subsequently buying the cd,i had revisited the album every so often,and i saw the televised concert last year,and was gutted i hadnt realised there had been tours,so i loaded my ipod,and again revisited the album over the last 6 or 7 months,because the televised show was fantastic,and re kindled my interest as it has frequently over the years,i thought oh well,maybe i may see it live one day,not realising,my wife had got tickets as a christmas present for me,i was thrilled and like a kid i could hardly wait,WELL,what i didnt realise,was that,the tv show just didnt not come close to portraying the experience of seeing it live !!!,jeeeeeeeezus,when it started up on sunday,my chin hit the floor,both myself and my wife looked at each other in amazement,i could see,that like me,she was choked up,what an emotional charge seeing and hearing that !!! she was only 5 or 6 when it came out,and had been made aware of it,as a youngster,when her much older brother in law,whilst on a trip, played it in the car,when he and my sister in law took their kids and my wife who was around the same age as their kids,(she is 14y younger than me),and from then on she loved it,and like me has it on her ipod,and plays it frequently,we now share the 3 disc 30th anni v copy we bought of saturday nights recording,and i am looking forward to seeing the show once again,i believe around xmas ?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 02/07/2009 18:25
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 02/07/2009
After the show,we went around to the stage door,there was a handfull of people waiting like us,and we all was fortunate to meet some of the cast and musicians etc,alex james,chris thompson,chris spedding,jennifer ellison,and jeff wayne himself came out and chatted for ages,in fact they all stopped and chatted,and were very friendly,and signed our programmes and cd,s,and stuff,a few people came out,that id like to have met,being a guitarist,but didnt immediatly recognise them,and they were a number of yards away,so i didnt like to shout "oi you,ive just realsied who you are !!,plz come back and chat !!",huw davies,gary osbourne,and a few of the producers etc.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 02/07/2009 20:10

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 16/06/2019
So Gary Osbourne was there for the Sunday show then? Well, his daughter is the Female understudy! I went on the Saturday night, and wish I had gone to the Stage Door.. well, maybe next time eh?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 3 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved