Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of The Worlds   » Memories   » first thoughts  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

first thoughts
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 14/05/2016
Hi there.
This theead i dedicate to investigating how people first came to twotw, what happened.

For me, i was a very keen writer, and when my career took off, i began investigating authors. I came upon jules verne, and in the front of one of his books, i saw a name that i found interesting. H.G. Wells, i had never seen a name like that, with two initials before a surname. I began reading his books, but one day, my dad comes home, bearing jwmvotwotw, and i listen, love it from then on. This was september time, 2005, and by christmas, imy dad gets the george pal wotw, and i steal that off him. So i did, watched it, and asked dad what it was about. He tells me, and then next christmas he gets the tom cruise version, which i steal off him also.

For some years, i forget wotw. I then ask my dad who H.G. Wells is. I am told he wrote the war of the worlds, and so he gets me the book, and i am hooked. I buy more of his books, and forevermore, most of my books have been similar to his style, and therefore my books have had reasonably good reviews, so twotw has changed me as a person, and as a writer.

So thats how i came across twotw, and how my life has been affected. What about you?

*See fighting machine*
*Turn off footy*
*Pick up phone*
''Honey. Should I quit drinking?''
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/12/2012 11:59

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 04/08/2013

Hey. 09batesons. A nice story you told on how you came to TWoTW. But:

Isn't there such a topic already ?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 30/12/2012 13:12

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 14/05/2016
Well, there is, so I beleive, and well noticed, but nowhere on this site is mentioned about how the publics life has been changed or in some way/s affected, which i find would be interesting to find out. But a good point, well made, i should have made that clearer in the description.

*See fighting machine*
*Turn off footy*
*Pick up phone*
''Honey. Should I quit drinking?''
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 3 messages found
« Next Oldest

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved