Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Other "The War of The Worlds" related   » Other TWOTW Incarnations   » Spartacus  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Spartacus
Author

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 03/12/2007
I am so happy that my friend found a copy of this at a Garage Sale. He sent it to me and i LOVE IT. It isn't AS good as WOTW but it is what it is. I personally love it. If it is alright, i would like to upload 25 second CLIPs so everyone could hear what it sounds like. I think it is awesome. I love, another great work by Jeff Wayne.

"The Chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/07/2006 01:10

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

Unfortunately, we can't have unlicensed clips uploaded to the board.

No promises, but I'll see if we can perhapse done officially.

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 03/07/2006 04:25

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 20/05/2011

It would be nice to have some official sound clips on the site.

I have not yet got hold of a copy of Spartacus... guess it's time for me to visit e-bay

Luperis

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/07/2006 18:53

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 16/06/2019
I quite Enjoyed Spartacus. A Lot of people pan it and say "oh its not as good as TWOTW" but it is what it is. Something completely different. Its mainly synth based and not quite as Symphonic as TWOTW but its a great album nonetheless. I`m surprised seeing as everything with TWOTW has calmed down a bit now that there arent any plans for a re-release. I was lucky and got a copy off Ebay, and is a genuine find. Not being available even on iTunes and the like, but trust me, its well worth a listen.

Maybe one day there will be licensed clips available on this site.. you never know. Anthony Hopkins does a great job narrating the battles.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 09/07/2006 21:22

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 03/12/2007

I totally agree with you. I personally love it for what it is. But i felt more uneasy listening to it the first time thorugh, compared to TWOTW. It sounds ALOT more eerie in certain songs, like a horror movie TO ME. I expected more heroic than eeire. I love it, and i love Epilougue PT 2. For those who haven't heard it, it is basically bits and peices of the previous storied put together, its awesome.

I was wondering if someone could send me the script because my cd did not come with one.

another question. What do the "voices" say. It sounds like "Chakula, Chakula..." It first appers in "Animal and Man". I would like to know what they say.

Thanks.

PS I will soon post a review of it shortly.

"The Chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one," he said
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 25/07/2006 10:11

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

I think what you mean is "Jugula Jugula!!!"

Spartacus is fighting Oenomaus and brings him to his knees, he knows he is beaten and bears his neck for the death blow. The Crowd all want blood and are saying "Jugula! Jugula!" as its the vein in the neck that if this is opened then death is certain.. basically.. decaptiation.. have you heard the phrase "Go for the Jugular?" before?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/02/2007 18:38

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 18/11/2011
Quote: It would be nice to have some official sound clips on the site. I have not yet got hold of a copy of Spartacus... guess it's time for me to visit e-bay

just found this 'spartacus' thread and thought i would add. your quote about e-bay, brought back my memory of buying the cd version this way.

When the original album was first released i purchased it on cassette(not enough cash for the cd).

over time this was misplaced.

about 7 years ago when i really got into wotw, i thought i should try and get 'spartacus' on cd, so i thought i would try e-bay. each copy was going for over £25 at the time. a bit high but i shall keep trying. one night on a search (after a few beers,mind you) i entered the word 'SPRATACUS' by mistake, and to my amaze e-bay showed 1 item under this name. i was the only bidder and got the item for £1.99. BARGAIN.

GOOD OLD SPRATACUS!!!!!! a brilliant musical in its own right. should not be compared to WOTW.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...... WE ARE THE POLICE.. AND WE ARE BACK!!!!

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/02/2007 19:48

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 07/02/2013

I've not heard it, but wrd is Jeff is working on a collectors edition (and who knows, if it does well maybe a live show).

He mentioned it in the chat last week.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 06/03/2007 20:29

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 30/01/2012
Oooh, got this on double cassette when it was released all those years ago. Before that I got the Catherine Zeta Jones 'For All Time' CD Single and still have that. Zeta Jones also used it to launch a not too - well, didn't, actually - successful foray into the pop singing world before making it big, marrying Michael Douglas and getting rave Hollywood revues.

I also remember Mr Wayne talking about it on various talk shows including comments about how he wanted to take it to the stage as a live show.

I was a little upset that no sheet music was ever made available as I think the music is fantastic.

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 04/04/2007 10:12

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

I've got For All Time on CD Single in my attic somewhere too!
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 2 - 18 messages found Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved