Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Other "The War of The Worlds" related   » Other TWOTW Incarnations   » Spartacus  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Spartacus
Author

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 30/01/2012
By chance, pulling the plastic collapesable box I dumped all my cassette/cd singles earlier from under the bed *product of having moved four times since 2003!* who should be on the top, peeking up at me but Catherine Zeta Jones on the cover of the For All Time CD.

Then it crossed my mind whether I can bare parting with it enough to shove on Ebay. Not done it yet. But there's time!

'That didn't pan out'
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/12/2007 21:12

Active: 08/10/2009
Any one know if a Collector Edition is coming out of this, I would love to hear it in 5.1 and I'm sure there is enough fans of Jeff who would buy it, I seen copies going on ebay as much as £100! so any chance we see this happing?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 13/12/2007 15:56

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 12/12/2012

It's been discussed, I think. If Jeff can find enough hours in the day, who knows?

We can but hope!

-----------------

Le Grand Fromage! (Le New Generation!)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 02/04/2008 16:28
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 09/12/2008
I have the original CD and love it (but not as much as WOTW).
I hope a collector's edition does come out as I for one would buy it.
Katherine zeta jones' voice is great.
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 05/04/2008 15:12

Supreme Being
Supreme Being

Active: 21/02/2014

i will admit that i never knew about this until i came here an i still havent heard it!!

will have to keep a look out for it i guess

Mummy to 3 :-)

burdened with CFS/ME though WOTW helps me to get through it :-)
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 12/07/2008 23:40
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Active: 05/11/2012

Hi there in Jeff Wayne land

whilst volunteering at my local Bitish Hart Foundation today guess what i came across whilst pricing cd's, thats right a copy of spartacus. After listening to it for a couple of hours now, i have to say that i am greatly impressed and i have become a fan of Catherine Zeta-Jones (who would have guessed).

Anthony Hopkins is good as Marcus Crassus, but it is Catherines singing and narration as Palene that really make the album for me. Along with Ladysmith Black Mambazo of course.

Why it has taken this long to obtain a copy i will never know, it is mr Waynes work after all, and right here and now i would like to send a hearty appology to mr Wayne for taking so long to listen to his follow up to the war of the worlds. this album is ace and it will be taking pride and place on my shelf right next to my copy of the war of the worlds.

get a copy of this and like me you will be quietly impressed.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/07/2009 19:58
Forum Member
Forum Member

Active: 14/08/2009

As much as I loved Jeff's WOTW, I knew I had to buy Spartacus as soon as I found out about it shortly after its release. Granted, it did not impress me immediately as WOTW did, but it was still a very enjoyable concept album. Anthony Hopkins was most impressive as Marcus Crassus, and Catherine Zeta-Jones was admirable as Palene, especially in her emotional narration in "The Appian Way."

I also found it ironic that Hopkins had stated on more than one occasion that his idol as a young actor was Richard Burton and that he even met the legendary actor at his home. And years later, Hopkins finds himself narrating a rock and roll album by Jeff Wayne, just as his idol did back in the 1970s.

One thing, though, I thought that Jeff had originally planned to record a series of such concept albums, but only these two were ever created. Am I imagining that? Still, I highly recommend "Spartacus" to any and all Jeff Wayne fans.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/07/2009 21:55

Enigma
Supreme Being

Active: 22/02/2016

I loved Spartacus in it's own right... it is totally different... and it was interesting to discover what a beautiful voice Catherine Zeta-Jones has.

I particular love Appian Way... a little like having the Red Weed -you know, the music only section- It is beautiful.

Can you imagine a stage show with all those Lions! Audience shouting 'Jugular' - it would be a real scary show.

'Going Home' is also a favourite of mine... the gorgeous harmonies from those singers is brilliant.

'Trust Me' is A FANTASTIC..lyric... I can imagine the late Thin Lizzy Phil Lynott as the character to sing that one...

all huggs xx

Loxley xxx

"I got a plan..."

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 2 of 2 - 18 messages found « First Page Prev Page
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved