Forum

Home
Member List
Forums   » Other "The War of The Worlds" related   » Other TWOTW Incarnations   » Tom Cruise Vers...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register ) 

Tom Cruise Version
Author

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: 28/11/2014
my point exactly. How did the martians now a million years ago that a life form that didn't even exist at that point was going to establish communities in exectly those locations?
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 21/07/2008 14:05

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 27/08/2018
Yeah, thats stupid. 1,000 years later there'd either be no more humanity to eat, or the aliens would be dead faster than their walkers could even digg out.

Well, tripods fighting heavy ordnance and steam battleships is thrilling, just like jet fighters fighting UFOs is. Mixing that up makes these kinds of conflicts less dramatic, I think.

(Notice that whatever alien neverdowells are reaching their hands, claws or tentacles out for our planet nearly always are just one step ahead of human technology )

Calmar

-------------------------------------

Not a forum moderator of the 'biggest' The War Of The Worlds site's on the net:

http://www.thewaroftheworlds.com

Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22/07/2008 11:40

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 26/10/2015

What was it Will Smith said?  Something about having come 90 billion miles or something?!  I think to travel that amount of Space surely whatever came to Earth would be a few steps ahead! 

Hey - I just noticed - this is on the BBC this weekend!

BTW, does anyone remember the tv series 'Invasion' on  BBC1 about ten years or so ago...?

"Grotesque gleam of a time no history will ever fully describe!"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 23/07/2008 02:01

Alexischick
Supreme Being

Active: 04/06/2015
Quote: Same. i hated what they did with that film. it wasn't about the martians really, it was about some dad trying to get his kids to love him.but thats not the war of the worlds i know.i'll stick with my ...

Tom Cruise He is not the smartest actor in the world being a scientloglist idiot etc .

Yes i really perfer the journalist and in the tom cruise verison where is the beloved artileryman .

Oh the artilleryman played by alexis james don't get me started oh how excellent

Artillerygirl (bfc&p)

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/08/2008 10:39

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 19/09/2008
Quote: What was it Will Smith said? Something about having come 90 billion miles or something?! I think to travel that amount of Space surely whatever came to Earth would be a few steps ahead! Hey -...

Wasn't it something like "I'm sure they didn't fly five million light years to come down here and start a fight 'n' get all rowdy", something like that? I love it when he's dragging the alien across the desert and yells "I could have been at a barbeque!!" haha!

Personally I liked the Tom Cruise movie, but thats because I just saw it as another invasion flick and tried not to see it as a total butchery of the book!! It's not something I'd buy on DVD but if its on then yeah I'll watch it...

www.trig.com/sarah_b
www.sarahbarker.etsy.com

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/08/2008 11:59

Falzonette
Supreme Being

Active: 28/11/2014
Quote: Tom Cruise He is not the smartest actor in the world being a scientloglist idiot etc . Yes i really perfer the journalist and in the tom cruise verison where is the beloved artileryman . Oh the ar...

See the sexy pics of Michael? I knew Nerfy was holding out on me! They had to be around. I have been drooling over them for days! In serious danger of shorting out the keyboard! Well worth it in my opiniion. Have you checked the UK tour sections. Might be some good ones of Alexis. It works pretty well, really. You can have the blonde, and I will take the brunet.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/08/2008 12:01

Active: 09/06/2009
Good Point Sky

I might watch the Tom Cruse version again, but this time with an open mind and not thinking "What another Rip-Off"

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/08/2008 12:08

Martian Elder
Supreme Being

Active: 19/09/2008
Nothing is sacred these days, people are butchering classics all the time. The trick is not to get so annoyed really. Let those who only know the movie live in their blissful little bubble while us real fans continue to enjoy the original book, the musical and everything else thats thrown in there!
At least an original version of something is not as bad as a re-make. The Lost Boys 2, anyone? Pffft c'mon! Give me the original any day.

I do think it's good to see different interpretations of the same source material but there are ways of going about it. The new movie (the "new" one being a few years old now, haha!) was not very faithful, it totally omitted elements such as the cylinder and other things which made the book what it was. In this respect it is best viewed with an open mind and don't be mislead by the title.

www.trig.com/sarah_b
www.sarahbarker.etsy.com
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/08/2008 12:13

Active: 09/06/2009
Good Point Sky...maybe if it had been titled "invasion" or somthing similar then it might have made more of an impression with me
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 15/08/2008 17:52

Active: 16/08/2008
Quote: Hang on - when Tom runs around the corner after the emergance of the first machine don't the trees catch fire after exposure to the 'Dissicator Ray'? I'm sure you see the tips of them on fire. UPD...

The camcorders and cellphones the fleeing people use to record the alien machine's attack also resisted an EMP blast that even disabled old cars that don't rely on electronics, so I'd not be surorised by a ray weapon with changing characteristics...
The movie was full of plot holes or at least oddities.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 4 of 8 - 74 messages found « First Page Prev Page Next Page Last Page »
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »

© Copyright Ollie Record Productions 2008. All Rights Reserved